*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
24 hour hand shake...yes, like all of our Sky /Virgin boxes do....big whoop

i believe sky do a monthly handshake and usually only people on multi room setups have problems.

a daily handshake imo could cause issues for instance, say you didnt have internet for a week or a few days.

i dont know how the system works that much just that rumours suggest you cannot play any games if you have no internet.

i shall be without internet for a week from sunday onwards, if the above rumour is true then yeah i would be stuffed.

how about those that do not have internet? how does it work for them?

Soldato
how about those that do not have internet? how does it work for them?

You buy an Xbox 360!

Pretty much.

Makes you wonder why they didn't add 3g into the console even if only as a back up. Like some of the kindles have it I think? Or at least be able to pair up your smart phone like you can with the ipad to use your phones 3g/4g to do the hand shake.

Maybe they will allow the latter. Who knows.

Caporegime
I am looking so forward to this though. More excited about this than the PS3. I think it's the games that are coming out so soon after launch. Apart from the stuttering, I adored that AC demo. Absolutely stunning and right up my street with pirates and sea battles. Watch Dogs look immense and that Infamous game looks interesting. And of course, you've got FIFA straight away. I think the first PS3 FIFA was a year after the console launch.

Caporegime
My brother has Sky and does not have internet. Unless the box is magic I'm assuming it does not do any sort of handshaking. :)

through phone line - it dials a freephone number once a month, check the phone bill the number shows up as a free call once per month.

You buy an Xbox 360!

lmao, this isnt really a solution for those that want next gen gaming though is it? looks like ps4 is going to smash eggbox so badly it could become the new dreamcast.

They do, but over the phone line. This system is only in use if you have multi room. If he has a single sky box then it would never be checked.

single boxes needed to be connected for the first 12 months of a contract as well, after that though you can do whatever you like, so you can disconnect it.

multiroom they always need to be connected regardless of length of contract for security reasons.

Back
Top Bottom