*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Have you tried it? This is one major concern for me.

I guess i'll probably get a chance to experience it at Eurogamer in Sept.

no.. the DS4 is quite a bit bigger than the DS3 though. so maybe it will feel more natural this time round. (i hope) not that i really had any issues with the DS3 though, i grew up with it!

Soldato
Is it because we're so used to the 360 way? I'm wondering if it'll be just a bit of training and then we'll wonder what the fuss is about.

I personally think ill get used to it but i still think ill prefer my 360 controller. That said i'd happily try and adapt but i like having a good controller on the market that replicates the 360's style if i choose to go that way again.

Soldato
Is it because we're so used to the 360 way? I'm wondering if it'll be just a bit of training and then we'll wonder what the fuss is about.

I swap between a 360 pad and a PS3 all the time, I used a 360 pad on my PC. I find the stick locations fine, never have much issue using both pads, and I flick between the two quite a bit..

Soldato

I don't think it is. I'm not even a console gamer really (Buying into the PS4 just for the laugh really), I own a 360 but it's had less than 50 hours of play in over 4 years so I've hardly adapted to the pad enough to form a biased opinion, the PS pads are genuinely awful.

It looks kind of cheap and tacky though. I don't know why no-one can make a high quality version, Razer have shown it's possible!

It looks cheap because the grips are detachable so you can tailor it to suit you, kinda like the RAT mice they look poo but function brilliantly :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I personally think ill get used to it but i still think ill prefer my 360 controller. That said i'd happily try and adapt but i like having a good controller on the market that replicates the 360's style if i choose to go that way again.

I use both daily. The DS's sticks are a touch too close together for FPS's but feel nice when both are used for driving.

The DS's triggers are currently offensive, but that and the close together sticks appear to have been fixed.

Hopefully.

Soldato
I use both daily. The DS's sticks are a touch too close together for FPS's but feel nice when both are used for driving.

The DS's triggers are currently offensive, but that and the close together sticks appear to have been fixed.

Hopefully.
the Sticks on the DS4 are slightly further apart than before :)

Soldato
Nobodies ordering games on that chart for the Xbox, which suggests the ebay scalpers are going to be overstocked of Xboxs. :D

Lol now that would be funny, loads of xbox one pre-orders end up on ebay, no one buys them, owners end up with a console they don’t want, sells at a loss.:D

Soldato
What is with the new xbox one achievement system? You now get achievements and challenges.

Eurogamer are reporting you get a challenge or some achievement for playing a newly released game within a week of release? Or something to do with timed challenges etc..

The cheeky so and sos..... Clever way of encouraging people to purchase games early.

Back
Top Bottom