*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
great price for the ps4 pre ordered here in the channel islands - vat console £290 and games £44
i have to say that the price is fantastic. :D

Soldato
I've decided I'm not going to pre-order.

I'll wait as I will still want to be play my PS3 (and GTAV) around the PS4 launch and don't want to be faffing around connecting one and then the other as all my power & HDMI ports are used up at the moment. It will take me a while to get bored of GTAV anyway, then after that hopefully a few more games would have been released and maybe some bundles so i'll pick up one then :)

I can't see the price dropping for a while and by much. You might get LBP type game bundle for the same price. The release price is lower and most peoples' expectations and a fair whack cheaper than the Xbox as it is. Aside from the price, the PS4 seems to be most peoples' preferred choice anyway.

Edit: actually scrap that. I mis-read your post for the most part

Soldato
yes +20% on (selected) consoles if you use it for pre-order PS4.

So that is like £80 +20% for a PS3 slim 250GB/320GB
Also they price match CEX etc on trade ins +£1, so you can get a pretty hefty chunk towards the PS4.

Top man, looks like I've got a busy weekend ahead. CEX seem to give a much better trade in price. So that's handy. Shame I'm in need of my ps3 for a couple games as my original 60gb console seems to trade for close to £100 alone. Could do with the ££ off this ps4.

Associate
Loads of swearies in that link

I seriously doubt the likes of Activision & EA are that dumb to implement this, after what we just saw at the Sony conference.

Not that I'll be surprised, at least the PS4 will give me the chance of not supporting said titles.

Soldato
Loads of swearies in that link

I seriously doubt the likes of Activision & EA are that dumb to implement this, after what we just saw at the Sony conference.

Not that I'll be surprised, at least the PS4 will give me the chance of not supporting said titles.

Good ol' Cliff, eh? Has to be one of the most unlikable person in the industry.

Soldato
I'm rubbish at saving money. I wish Game would let you put money on your reward card. That would be a great way to save for it.

Also, is it worth selling my PS3 or just getting trade in price at Game?

you could buy yourself gift cards from the shop and just hold on to them untill its time to pay up :)

there are still some great games ahead for PS3, if you dont want to play any of them and have no interest in any current games then i'd sell now while the prices are still up, slap that money onto gift cards and put it towards the PS4

Soldato
So I have been going through the games lists.

Will get-

Driveclub*
Killzone
Battlefield 4
Destiny*

May get-

Knack
The Order*
Deep Down
KH3

There looks to be a lot of fun indie games as well but Iam going to grab those as wanted.

*If there is a singleplayer mode.

Soldato
I'm rubbish at saving money. I wish Game would let you put money on your reward card. That would be a great way to save for it.

Also, is it worth selling my PS3 or just getting trade in price at Game?

You could trade in on Amazon like I done and they credit your account with a gift certificate. Also you could pre order now to get your space in the queue and buy gift certificates to add to your order at a later date as the funds are not taken until the item has dispatched. :)

Back
Top Bottom