*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
My point is, why wouldn't they announce it? The hype for a next-gen GTA would be huge, it'd sell consoles. If they stay quiet, then announce a next-gen version in 6 months time, people will be less-than-impressed because they'll have already bought the game once.

On the flip side if they were to announce it now people would most likely hold off and wait for the next gen version and this would hit their sales. Least if the announce in 6 months time people will have a choice whether to repurchase it or not.

Soldato
They haven't announced it for PC yet either?

I don't really see the problem with not announcing it right now.

But the PC is generally considered a separate platform, whereas it's pretty obvious there's some overlap in terms of userbase with the consoles.

On the flip side if they were to announce it now people would most likely hold off and wait for the next gen version and this would hit their sales. Least if the announce in 6 months time people will have a choice whether to repurchase it or not.

That'd be quite a slap in the face to all those who pre-ordered it or bought special/collector editions though.

Caporegime
But the PC is generally considered a separate platform, whereas it's pretty obvious there's some overlap in terms of userbase with the consoles.

If they announce now that it will be coming out for the Playstation 4 and xbox one along side the PC surely this will prevent sales of the game for the Playstation 3 and xbox 360 though?

There's no need to announce it for the new consoles or the PC yet, they can wait and polish the game more for the new consoles and PC and announce that afterwards (Christmas release?) for another wave of sales.

Soldato

I agree with this to be honest. It's probably not in their best (business) interests to announce a next gen release if it's going to come out months after the current gen version.

Soldato

That'd be quite a slap in the face to all those who pre-ordered it or bought special/collector editions though.

There is overlap in terms of PC and console as I play on both :confused:

Why would it be a slap in the face? It's clearly a possibility and people would still be getting what they paid for. Plus if they are that annoyed they could trade it in.

Caporegime

Why? They are still getting access to that extra content and still get to play it, if they want to buy if for a new console there is the option, it also opens up the market in that some people will not have played it on the current generation and will jump at the opportunity to play it on the next generation.

I don't even see why you think this is an issue.

Associate
Ok so i've been out of the console market for the last year but am looking around to pre-order a PS4. Looking at amazon they have a standard game price of £55 :eek: Surely that can't be right and is simply a guesstimate?

ALso where are people pre-ordering from at the moment. I want to ensure I get the console on day one but in the past i've simply gone to a brick and mortar shop.

Caporegime
I pre ordered from Amazon :).

(I use Amazon Prime with most of my game related purchases)

I don't think anyone is 100% on the pricing for games, I haven't seen any announcements.

Soldato
Ok so i've been out of the console market for the last year but am looking around to pre-order a PS4. Looking at amazon they have a standard game price of £55 :eek: Surely that can't be right and is simply a guesstimate?

ALso where are people pre-ordering from at the moment. I want to ensure I get the console on day one but in the past i've simply gone to a brick and mortar shop.

This is still a placeholder, the games prices have not been announced. Amazon won't take money until point of dispatch if you go with them. Shopto apparently are good as well. :)

Caporegime
It is worth mentioning that with Amazon pre orders you pay the lowest price, even after the initial launch.

I've had ~£5 refunded before from Amazon on games that have had a price change in the first couple of days after release, they'll email you usually if they owe you money.

Fantastic thing to do in my opinion, must help that they don't pay tax mind :p.

Soldato
It is worth mentioning that with Amazon pre orders you pay the lowest price, even after the initial launch.

I've had ~£5 refunded before from Amazon on games that have had a price change in the first couple of days after release, they'll email you usually if they owe you money.

Fantastic thing to do in my opinion, must help that they don't pay tax mind :p.

would have gone with something like this myself had I not got a shed load of stuff that I could trade-in.

Soldato
There is overlap in terms of PC and console as I play on both :confused:

So do I, but most next-gen console sales will come from people who already own current-gen consoles.

Why would it be a slap in the face? It's clearly a possibility and people would still be getting what they paid for. Plus if they are that annoyed they could trade it in.

Because it's expecting people to pay again for the same game just on newer hardware. I do see your point, and maybe they'll do it, but they can certainly expect a lot of backlash from their fanbase as a result.

We shall see I guess. Gamers are a stupid bunch so they'd probably lap it up.

Caporegime
Because it's expecting people to pay again for the same game just on newer hardware. I do see your point, and maybe they'll do it, but they can certainly expect a lot of backlash from their fanbase as a result.

We shall see I guess. Gamers are a stupid bunch so they'd probably lap it up.

Call of Duty syndrome :p.

Same game, different name, new skins.

I don't see it as an issue really, the next generation consoles and the PC just represent a new market with more sales for Rockstar, hopefully they improve the game if they take the decision to release it on next gen / PC :).

Soldato
I've decided I'm not going to pre-order.

I'll wait as I will still want to be play my PS3 (and GTAV) around the PS4 launch and don't want to be faffing around connecting one and then the other as all my power & HDMI ports are used up at the moment. It will take me a while to get bored of GTAV anyway, then after that hopefully a few more games would have been released and maybe some bundles so i'll pick up one then :)

Caporegime
I have games I want to play through still on this generation of consoles, if I get the Playstation 4 before I finish that back catalogue (which is likely) I'll just hold off setting it up.

Soldato
The launch titles on neither console are filling me with 'omg I HAVE to have THAT!'...apart from Dead Rising 3 possibly...

I have a lot of games I want to get through on my PS3 (with more to come) and my 360 yet. I'm going to stick with those until the releases start coming in thick and fast. Maybe hold out til Q2 2014 before I buy into the next gen.

Back
Top Bottom