*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
You probably all already know this but I thought I'd share just incase, I ordered a PS4 at a local GAME store last night, he was telling me they've had 211 pre-orders so far which blew my mind considering it's not based in a very large area so I'd imagine demand is sky high everywhere else. He also confirmed they will be doing a midnight launch and you can upgrade to a bundle if GAME releases one that you like.

Caporegime
You probably all already know this but I thought I'd share just incase, I ordered a PS4 at a local GAME store last night, he was telling me they've had 211 pre-orders so far which blew my mind considering it's not based in a very large area so I'd imagine demand is sky high everywhere else. He also confirmed they will be doing a midnight launch and you can upgrade to a bundle if GAME releases one that you like.

I'd question the point in pre-ordering from them, then. You won't get one on launch day, as no store is going to get more than 50 units (and that's for the largest stores).

From what I'm reading, most stores are getting ~20 units of PS4 allocation for launch.

It seems very likely that there will be many, many unfulfilled pre orders this time round.

Soldato
not even a sticker? or an achievement?

right its the xbone for me then ;)

at least I get a different sticker on the controller and probably different coloured trousers in one of the games

Associate
The PlayStation 4 Launch Day Edition is listed on some sites now. What does this include?

Don't see any extra's

I can only find stuff about the US website of Amazon having this and all that says is those are guaranteed one on launch day? And "standard" being released when they get more stock, at least that is what it says on news sites. So the "Launch Day Edition" at least there, is their initial stock it seems.

Soldato

211 pre orders? You'll never get one then in that case. Can the smaller stores even hold more then 200 units? They'll be boxes all over the place, no one would be able to move in the limited store /storage space they have in these game stores, the smaller ones in any case.

I have no idea what pre order numbers they normally get for new console releases, but for one store to have 211 PS4 pre orders, sounds a bit high.!!

I'm now starting to come down from my PS4 high I had, thankfully and even though I've got a pre order with amazon, I'd be amazed if I actually get one.

I'd be happy enough to have a PS4 in 2014 if the christmas rush means I miss out.

I've looked over the games coming out, not sure what games i'd actually pre order and play once I get the console anyhow.

Killzone maybe, but then Killzone 3 didn't hold my attention for that long, driveclub looks interesting.

I think we've mostly got caught up in this DRM and jump on MS bandwagon a little. Not to say PS4 isn't going to be good, and Sony have made some good choices.

Soldato
211 pre orders? You'll never get one then in that case. Can the smaller stores even hold more then 200 units? They'll be boxes all over the place, no one would be able to move in the limited store /storage space they have in these game stores, the smaller ones in any case.

I have no idea what pre order numbers they normally get for new console releases, but for one store to have 211 PS4 pre orders, sounds a bit high.!!

I'm now starting to come down from my PS4 high I had, thankfully and even though I've got a pre order with amazon, I'd be amazed if I actually get one.

I'd be happy enough to have a PS4 in 2014 if the christmas rush means I miss out.

I've looked over the games coming out, not sure what games i'd actually pre order and play once I get the console anyhow.

Killzone maybe, but then Killzone 3 didn't hold my attention for that long, driveclub looks interesting.

I think we've mostly got caught up in this DRM and jump on MS bandwagon a little. Not to say PS4 isn't going to be good, and Sony have made some good choices.
Most of the games that I want look to be coming out early 2014 anyway. so i'm happy to wait and get one then:)

Caporegime

~20 units, max ~50 units at the larger stores. Source: people who work in those stores.

For XBone it's a lot worse. ~10 to ~20 max.

GAC

GAC

Soldato

damn thats some launch, when i worked at currys and the 360 launched we only had about 50 units and only 38 of them where pre ordered. now im sure a few of them pre orders will be canceled or even not picked up (does happen). even so that even if half dont go on the pre order sale thats still a lot of units.

Associate
I'll cry if I don't get my ps4 from amazon on launch day :( they better deliver !

38737833.jpg

Deleted member 651465

Deleted member 651465

I'm more worried that they're offering Royal Mail delivery. Do I trust them to handle a £349 item? :/

No word if its special delivery either.

Caporegime
I'm more worried that they're offering Royal Mail delivery. Do I trust them to handle a £349 item? :/

Surely it will have to be, its a large box so no doubt Parcel Force will deal with it, at end of day its Amazons problem not ours...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato

No other mail network is big enough to cope with the demand of release day deliveries. Royal Mail is huge and that is why retailers use them for release day delivery. Imagine another carrier trying to delivery something like 100,000 copies of Call of Duty. They would crumble under the load.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom