*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
Not sure why they would put there neck on the line and guess though.. either way i haven't heard anything else were but thats the email i got.

Well they do it for everything, there's always a placeholder for games unannounced release dates for example. Unless it has been announced since I'm pretty sure it was mentioned nowhere in the conference. Nothing on wikipedia either.

Soldato
We don't even know what flipping month it is yet :p

I know that :rolleyes: but films/games etc are typically released on a set day in the week e.g. Friday. I can only assume that consoles follow the same trend?

EU launches:

PS1: 29/09/98 - Tuesday
PS2: 24/11/00 - Friday
PS3: 23/03/07 - Friday

Potential for a Friday release? :D

Soldato
Ah, I didn't mean that. I just went with amazon because they were the first place to come up when I googled it. Probably would have went with ShopTo otherwise.

I feel they are a safe bet as well. Surely being the biggest retailer in the world they will get the highest allocation available. Plus their customer service is Amazing.

Soldato
I imagine they will want to match the MS launch date as a minimum - I dont think they would want the Xbone to be out before the PS4 - people might be swayed into getting a Xbone if the wait is too long

Caporegime
I know that :rolleyes: but films/games etc are typically released on a set day in the week e.g. Friday. I can only assume that consoles follow the same trend?

EU launches:

Naah it will be a Tuesday, any thoughts what the weather might be? :D

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
Do you guys think Shopto will cancel my The Last Guardian pre-order if it does turn up on PS4? Its not that cheap a preorder (think £30) but be a nice bonus.

I do think we might see some more info at TGS for it

Deleted member 651465

Deleted member 651465

I won't order with ShopTo again, after the fiasco of the PS3 launch.

Essentially, I preordered on day 1 with courier delivery and ended up having to collect it from the TNT depot because they physically couldn't deliver all the consoles on launch day. I know that's a courier problem, but ShopTo were uninterested and arrogant when I complained.

Caporegime
I won't order with ShopTo again, after the fiasco of the PS3 launch.

Essentially, I preordered on day 1 with courier delivery and ended up having to collect it from the TNT depot because they physically couldn't deliver all the consoles on launch day. I know that's a courier problem, but ShopTo were uninterested and arrogant when I complained.
Why I would only consider Amazon or the Supermarkets online. For console launches though brick and mortar still is best (might preoroder via a Supermarket, but preordering might be well too late for launch now), problem I have is, I value customer service if I have any issues, why I choose Amazon in the end.

HeX

HeX

Soldato

EU launches:

Depends its a worldwide release or not.

US get their new games/consoles on a Tuesday.

UK usually gets their new games/consoles on a Friday.

Caporegime

EU launches:

Pretty sure the Playstation was 1995?

Soldato
Why I would only consider Amazon or the Supermarkets online. For console launches though brick and mortar still is best (might preoroder via a Supermarket, but preordering might be well too late for launch now), problem I have is, I value customer service if I have any issues, why I choose Amazon in the end.

Don't Amazon use Yodel though? sod trusting those cowboys with your new console.

Caporegime
Don't Amazon use Yodel though? sod trusting those cowboys with your new console.
Fair point, tbh more worried about issues after Ive got it than the delivery itself, its not like the current set didnt have major failures. Why I wouldnt go with GAME etc myself, they might not be around in a couple of years time...

Caporegime

Amazon seems to be a lottery for electronics. I've had items come in plain cardboard packaging with no bubble wrap/padding at all (damaged on arrival), and I've had monitors come in a box-in-box arrangement, with enough foam packing to safely send a terracotta army.

So I guess it's luck of the draw.

Back
Top Bottom