*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Knack reminds me of Kameo. Which was good.

Looking forward to it. No doubt it will take inspiration from some of my favourite games such as Crash, Spyro, Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter. It's Mark Cerny's first game for a long time as well and he deserves a chance if anyone does :D.

Soldato
Hopefully this time the playstation can actually power games to a full 1080p, rather than drop down to crappy 720p and below with sub par graphics.

Also if its only 1080p it can output then its all ready behind due to the 4k TV's that are hitting the market.

Seems Consoles will forever more be behind -.-

Soldato
Hopefully this time the playstation can actually power games to a full 1080p, rather than drop down to crappy 720p and below with sub par graphics.

Also if its only 1080p it can output then its all ready behind due to the 4k TV's that are hitting the market.

You'd be surprised how many people don't even have 1080p. 4K won't have a decent sized following for ages.

Soldato
You'd be surprised how many people don't even have 1080p. 4K won't have a decent sized following for ages.
I for one will have a 4K Monitor when they release them ;)
So i would be forced to game on a PC :rolleyes:

Just out of interest, I tried to find a 4K HDTV on sale in the UK, via Google. No results.

Why would a console target an as-yet non-existent market?

Why not?

They are built to last 7+ years and in 7 years 4k tv's will be on the mass market and an 8K tv will be close to release. Makes sense no?

Soldato
I for one will have a 4K Monitor when they release them ;)
So i would be forced to game on a PC :rolleyes:

And you'll be in the very much minority. They'd rather not plan for 4K and keep the costs down for majority than future proof for a minority.

Why not?

They are built to last 7+ years and in 7 years 4k tv's will be on the mass market and an 8K tv will be close to release. Makes sense no?

I doubt in 7 years time 4K will be massively mainstream to the point where the PS4 gets criticized for not including support for it.

Soldato

Well yeah, They will always be behind the pc's. Honestly, I couldn't give a ****.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Wasnt it confirmed bf4 multiplayer was 1080p and 60fps? If that can handle it im sure any ps4 game can.

not sure if it was 1080P as all i heard was "60fps" being quoted a lot, no one actually said what res.

but id be surprised if it wasnt 1080P.

as for 4k it does support it, but doubtful games will use it even after 7 years. will be there for high res films.

Soldato
Wasnt it confirmed bf4 multiplayer was 1080p and 60fps? If that can handle it im sure any ps4 game can.

Well the games on show at E3 were running at 60fps, But that's mostly because they were running off rigs with TITANS powering them under all the marketing crap.

Soldato
I think it would be best if they aimed for 1080p as a 40-50" 1080p TV is fairly common now and will be even more so as each year passes. Also many tablets and even some phones run at this kind of resolution so it would seem a bit of a come down if a dedicated games machine couldn't. As for 60fps, obviously I would like that but I'd say they are more likely to go with 30-40fps and ramp up the details much of the time.

Back
Top Bottom