*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Will I be able to download PS3 games at launch with Gaikai or PS+ or whatever?

I'm thinking of not buying any games ,or maybe just one at launch and cathing up on all the Uncharted, Infamous, Bioshock, Last Of Us type games that I've missed.

Soldato
I'd much rather play PS3 games on a PS3 anyway, even on a fast internet connection a streaming service isn't going to be immune to problems.

same here am still keeping my 360 and ps3 but will add the ps4 to the tv cabinet, if sony let you add games that you own to Gaikai for free instead of charging for them again i might ditch the ps3 but its not going to happen

Soldato
Looking at the box art of Watch_Dogs on Amazon, seems like they're going back to DVD cases for PS4 games. Shame, I quite like the Blu-ray style ones they use at the moment.

Caporegime
So the PS4 won't be able to connect to PS+ network until 2014 or just the Gaikai service?

I thought I'd at least be able to download some of the old games at launch.
I doubt Sony really feel BC is a real priority - tbh Gaikai a nice idea for a service but youll need a good stable net connection to make the best of it.

We also have no details how BC will work, I wouldnt be entirely surprised if you end up 'rebuying' games you had on PS3, but then it might be a tiered monthly service with unlimited access (like lovefilm has it tiers).

It would be nice if you can shove your PS3 disc in and it recognises it and then uses Gaikai to play it within the PS+ price.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
I doubt Sony really feel BC is a real priority - tbh Gaikai a nice idea for a service but youll need a good stable net connection to make the best of it.

We also have no details how BC will work, I wouldnt be entirely surprised if you end up 'rebuying' games you had on PS3, but then it might be a tiered monthly service with unlimited access (like lovefilm has it tiers).

It would be nice if you can shove your PS3 disc in and it recognises it and then uses Gaikai to play it within the PS+ price.

That would be awesome but I doubt if it'll happen as there would be no point buying a game on PSN if you could just pay a tenner a month and have access to that game as well as many others. Shows a lot of promise though.

Soldato

I'm trying to decide whether or not I should buy a PS3 as it looks like I've missed out on some top games. I think I'll wait for more backward compatibility details on the PS4.

Associate
Doesn't look like it

Please note: If the release date changes we will contact you to keep you updated.
If the price changes before the release date we will charge you the lower amount when your order is despatched.

Soldato
Anyone know if Amazon consider Toys R Us as a competitor worth price matching? Assume they would in the US, not sure over here. Fingers crossed...

Hope so. I'm tempted to keep my order with Amazon as I feel they'll be more reliable but then I think that 15 quid could go towards a game. Decisions decisions.

Back
Top Bottom