*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
according to this quote BF4 runs at 1080p and 60fps on the ps4..

Rajat Taneja, EA CTO, seemed very enthusiastic about Battlefield 4 saying that it is indeed “stunning”; he then follows up with an implication that PS4′s power is aiding the creative development of the title. The title runs in 1080p and 60FPS. “The imagination of the developers along with that power”; Rajat Taneja also sees the next generation of gaming consoles being 8-10x more powerful than this one we’re currently in.

Also i hadnt seen this before but its a 10 min gameplay demo of knack...two different levels shown....i think it looks pretty cool and totally makes me think of a next gen crash game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSe0jnP0DQQ

Last edited:
Caporegime
One thing Im confused about is that surely those would have still be built to XO capabilities right? So what we saw gameplay wise at E3 is what we will get in the final machine no?

I know theres smoke and mirrors, especially with CGI stuff (and yes Sony Im looking at you and Motorstorm) but I dont think they would do that with gameplay.

Now that I type this, it does feel I might be a bit naive...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
One thing Im confused about is that surely those would have still be built to XO capabilities right? So what we saw gameplay wise at E3 is what we will get in the final machine no?

I know theres smoke and mirrors, especially with CGI stuff (and yes Sony Im looking at you and Motorstorm) but I dont think they would do that with gameplay.

They were just running on PCs not the dev kits so its hard to say how representative of the final product it was, especially when the PCs used were exponentially more powerful than the Xbox.

Soldato

They were just running on PCs not the dev kits so its hard to say how representative of the final product it was, especially when the PCs used were exponentially more powerful than the Xbox.

It's a common thing at E3.

Caporegime

It's a common thing at E3.
I know that, but as I commented on this before but hadnt realised, whats the chances that the quality of graphics arent representative of the final product? I dont think anyones even questioned that yet.

I dont mind if its a comparable PC and environment or preferrably the devkit itself just seems rather bizarre what MS did especially now its public knowledge.

On a non-gaming point its quite a bit of an own goal that MS decided to use Win7 ahead of Win8 - do they have no faith in their new OS? Really hard for me not to have either disdain for MS or to think theyve had a mental breakdown.

Last edited:

GAC

GAC

Soldato
maybe a common thing BUUUUUUUUUUT ms where shouting at how everything was running on xbones.

and i wonder at what point amd phoned up ms and asked what was going on with 780's being used in the pc's over ati's top end cards. id love to hear that phone call :D

Soldato
maybe a common thing BUUUUUUUUUUT ms where shouting at how everything was running on xbones.

and i wonder at what point amd phoned up ms and asked what was going on with 780's being used in the pc's over ati's top end cards. id love to hear that phone call :D

yup MS made a big song and dance about the demos been shown been run Xbones yet tadaaa

Soldato

:D

M$ seem to be running into bad lucks with XBone :p

Soldato
I know that, but as I commented on this before but hadnt realised, whats the chances that the quality of graphics arent representative of the final product? I dont think anyones even questioned that yet.

I dont mind if its a comparable PC and environment or preferrably the devkit itself just seems rather bizarre what MS did especially now its public knowledge.

On a non-gaming point its quite a bit of an own goal that MS decided to use Win7 ahead of Win8 - do they have no faith in their new OS? Really hard for me not to have either disdain for MS or to think theyve had a mental breakdown.

They probably needed Titans for a reason at that point... Once the games are launched all will become apparent.

Killzone was already missing effects at e3 which were shown at the reveal as they are now pushing for 60fps I believe.

Caporegime
Newb post incoming

Can someone tell me briefly if it's worth getting a ps4 if all you play is 2 player LOCAL coop?
I have no clue what ps exclusive games are like

Anyone provide a quick exclusive go to list?

This is off course dependant on me able to use the controller

Soldato
Can you clarify? The E3 level was in a forest rather than a city. But it still looked pretty amazeballs to me.

I'd just read elsewhere that the effects has been pulled back a bit on the big explosion etc as they are pushing for 60fps.

You'd need a beady eye to tell like.

Soldato
Not done huge amounts of reading between the two, but enough to know that I will be going PS4, rather than xbox one.

Too much to read here, so would just like to know, is BF4 going to be out on release for PS4? And Killzone 4?

Though would be nice to have a RPG on release. Or any cool single player game. Just nothing too japanesey... anything fitting the bill?

Soldato
I'd just read elsewhere that the effects has been pulled back a bit on the big explosion etc as they are pushing for 60fps.

You'd need a beady eye to tell like.

I don't know where this rumour started but it's not true. Somebody made a gif on neogaf showing the explosion on both the E3 demo and the original demo from feb. They are pretty much identical except the tiles crack about a second later on the E3 version.

Soldato
I don't know where this rumour started but it's not true. Somebody made a gif on neogaf showing the explosion on both the E3 demo and the original demo from feb. They are pretty much identical except the tiles crack about a second later on the E3 version.

You might have read the same thread as me, I can't remember where I'd read it to be honest.

Soldato
I'm looking at getting one of these, I'm swinging towards it partly because an HTPC is looking like overkill for me, and partly because of the whole MS killing off second-hand market thing in all honesty. I presume it means you can't borrow games from friends. Maybe I object to this seeing as the last console I had was back in the SNES/Megadrive days (and I still own a SNES).

Will you be able to download and play DC and other retro console games on the PS4?

Last edited:
Caporegime
am i right in thinking, that with this new gen, FPS dips are now a thing of the past? always hated getting dips in games

I would say it might be reversed this gen - PS4 holds a steady 30fps and the Xbone dips. Or if they're going for 60fps then it will probably waver about. At how many fps can you tell the difference, I wonder?

Caporegime
Newb post incoming

Can someone tell me briefly if it's worth getting a ps4 if all you play is 2 player LOCAL coop?
I have no clue what ps exclusive games are like

Anyone provide a quick exclusive go to list?

This is off course dependant on me able to use the controller

Do a ******* search on Google, takes 2 secs. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ps4+exclusive+games

Such basics questions that can be answered with 5 seconds of legwork, and yet people expect others to do it for them.

Back
Top Bottom