*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
What is this Plex app?

Not up to scratch on all this media server stuff and feel like I'm missing out.

cheers

Its a client app that connects to a back end server by plex. Google plex as the app and server is quite extensive and feature rich... I think it's very good for what it does.

Works on smart tv's consoles, phones, tablets and even media devices like roku etc..

Soldato
The new deal from Game looks a bit too good to pass up so I think I might get myself an totally unneeded present in the form of a PS4 bundle.

Question - I know that a single PSN account only allows automatic updates to be enabled on 1 PS3 at any one time, not 2, but can I have 1 PS3 and 1 PS4 enabled so they both get automatic updates etc?

Soldato
It's game-specific.

:( Yeah I thought it would be. I hate accel with a vengeance :p

Played the first part of Alien Isolation last night. On my own. In the dark. With headphones on (wife was in bed). I'm such a man!*

*disclaimer - this is not true. I yelped like a little girl as I was fumbling with something and turned around and got a face full of angry alien!! Lol :p

Caporegime
Played the first part of Alien Isolation last night. On my own. In the dark. With headphones on (wife was in bed). I'm such a man!*

*disclaimer - this is not true. I yelped like a little girl as I was fumbling with something and turned around and got a face full of angry alien!! Lol :p

And that was just the missus coming to see what you were squealing at.*

*disclaimer - this is a joke. :p

Soldato
Anyone gone back and picked up a PS3 recently? Given there isn't much to play on next gen right now that ive played pretty much everything I was interested in, its looking barren for a couple of months.

Thinking of picking up a PS3 for Dragons Dogma, Demon Souls and metal gear rising revengeance which I missed out on last gen along with a couple of others.

Worth it, still enjoyable playing last gen games once you've gone next gen?

I've got both DS and MGR from PS Plus which I added to basket on PS4.

Soldato
Current gen is only a minor step above the last gen, I'm playing my PS3 and Wii U more than my PS4 and XBone.

Same was said about the ps3 when launched, I bought a ps3 near launch realised the games were crap sold it, then bought another realised they were still crap and sold it again, then I bought my current one which I still use, just jumped on the ps4 bandwagon and also the wii u for my son so will be fun to try both :)

Soldato
Had a day off work yesterday and literally spent it on the PS4. Played loads of Infamous: Second Sons. What a brilliant game! The attention to detail as in the way he climbs and balances on poles and stuff. The voice acting and facial expressions are amazing! It's been a long time since I felt connected with an in game character.

Then I played some PES 2015 as my "go to game". Got to division 8 in MyClub and things are more interesting now, all my opponents actually know who to play lol

Jumped on some Lords of the Fallen (at this point it was 11pm and I was tired), finally got past the first boss after realising I didn't have to keep diving from his attacks I could in fact block his sword swipes!

Wanted to play some more Loadout but decided to go to bed. I think now is the best time to get a PS4, there are some cracking deals on too :cool:

fez

fez

Caporegime
I enjoyed second son but it all became very samey after a while and it is quite limited it what it asks you to do. Very polished and pretty but a bit lacking on the gameplay front.

Soldato
True anyone who wanted FIFA would have already bought it by now. Wonder if Rayman Legends will come on PS+ again, tempted to pick it up for £15.

Back
Top Bottom