*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

fez

fez

Caporegime
Anyone played Child of Light?

Somehow this game has totally gone under my radar.

Yeah its a really good game. Its super cheap as well. I think I paid about £7 for it and easily got 15 hours gameplay from it.

The combat system is really clever and makes you think, especially when fighting against 3 opponents. If you get the timing wrong you can find yourself royally screwed!

The only thing that I didn't really see the point of was how many characters you get in your party. It takes a while to get to know each ones abilities and strengths / weaknesses and I ended up sticking with the same few characters for most of the game.

Good 8/10

Associate
cool thanks, that's what I thought but just wanted to check, also its been a while since ive been on the console scene, but with regards to the demos, are they time based or just a level or two etc? Or does it vary?

I don't think any on the PS4 are time based though so it's probably just a level, or 2 different teams/people in sports games etc.

Caporegime
Yeah its a really good game. Its super cheap as well. I think I paid about £7 for it and easily got 15 hours gameplay from it.

The combat system is really clever and makes you think, especially when fighting against 3 opponents. If you get the timing wrong you can find yourself royally screwed!

The only thing that I didn't really see the point of was how many characters you get in your party. It takes a while to get to know each ones abilities and strengths / weaknesses and I ended up sticking with the same few characters for most of the game.

Good 8/10

I highly recommend this too. Sounds silly but I can best describe it as a charming game. FLOL!

Ah cool !

It's £12 on PSN which is not bad but where can I get it for £7 ?

Soldato
From out of nowhere, plex for ps4 app has shown up in ps4 apps store..

Happy days, can now use the ps4 for pretty much anything. Amazon prime, sky go extra, BBC iPlayer, and now plex.. one machine to rule them all ?? Lol

Soldato
My TV can handle DNLA streaming from my plex server anyway, is there any advantage to use plex app on the ps4 to handle it instead?

I'll let you know later, I'll try them both, as my Samsung has plex app installed.. Got plex pass. I know Amazon and Netflix etc are way quicker to load and navigate then my smart tv. so I expect plex to be quicker as well. the menus etc are snappier on Netflix etc on ps4 then my smart tv.

don't get me wrong, the Samsung smart tv is fine, but the ps4 is quicker..

Soldato
My TV can handle DNLA streaming from my plex server anyway, is there any advantage to use plex app on the ps4 to handle it instead?

Are you able to pick up at a certain point, get artwork or descriptions? If yes, then it's probably not worth it, but to be honest, the extra power consumption and potential noise from the console is the biggest negative.

Luckily my LG TV has a Plex Client of it's own :)

Back
Top Bottom