*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Plex for ps4 is very different from the app on my Samsung tv, it's more metro look and feel, but man its quick. can't find search function or collections, but it does play mkv files .. I'm sure it'll get better as time goes on, but first impressions are it needs work.

Soldato
Awesome, so what is there left to moan about? Back to battery life on the pads...

RIGHT THE BATTERY LIFE ON THE PADS IS SH......:D

Its brilliant, my ps4 can now become my central games, media and entertainment portal, it's just great how far we've come since the system released Nov 2013.

But yeah, those ds4 batteries, won't someone please think of the batteries lol

Soldato
That seems backwards lol.

You'll still have to pay for the app, it will just be available to everyone else without a Plex Pass. It's not like it will become free (assuming it follows other platforms' leads)

The Pass just gives early access to features and some other additional stuff.

Associate
The thumb stick issue is a random one, I have a day one ps4 and both my pads are fine, I have hundreds of hours racked up on both, however I don't play cod, FIFA or any fighters which I would imagine dish out a lot more punishment with constant use.

Associate
OK, I think I've cracked. Game are offering the PS4 bundled with GTAV, Driveclub, COD Avanced Warfare and TLOU for 349.

Only game I'm not sure about is the COD one. Is it any good?

I've only played the SP so far, it's entertaining nonsense :D

Looks fantastic, plays well (haven't played any other shooters on PS4 yet) - the exo suits are a lot of fun and there's some fun weapons too (LASERS :eek:)

Failing that, it probably has a fairly decent resell/trade value

Soldato
Is there any way to remove the god awful acceleration from the thumb sticks on the DS4? Or is it hard coded into games / pad hardware? I'm finding FPS games a chore because I like raw 1:1 input :(

Back
Top Bottom