*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
So I want to buy the HyperX Cloud Gaming headset which uses a 3.5mm connector. I own a Mixamp Pro, do I simply attach the mic and headphone connector into a splitter, then into the mixamp to use voice chat? Or does the headphone connector go into the Mixamp and the mic connector into the gamepad?

Soldato
USE. :D

What was the point of jumping through all those hoops to get it if you're not going to use it?

The point is that he could sell for upto £3k.

If he has a mortgage he could pay that off his mortgage, saving probably double that in interest or more.

It's nothing to do with fanboy, it's more to being stupid if you don't sell.

Each to their own but some people have their priorities all wrong. Someone not selling for the pure sake of being special sounds more like a psychological issue where you weren't given enough attention as a child lol

Anyway, well done, but it's the ugliest thing I've seen for years and wouldn't even buy for the standard price, unless I could sell it on lol

Associate
The point is that he could sell for upto £3k.

If he has a mortgage he could pay that off his mortgage, saving probably double that in interest or more.

Each to their own but some people have their priorities all wrong. Someone not selling for the pure sake of being special sounds more like a psychological issue where you weren't given enough attention as a child lol

Anyway, well done, but it's the ugliest thing I've seen for years and wouldn't even buy for the standard price, unless I could sell it on lol

At the end of the day, this 20th anniversary edition console is going to end up in the hands of someone who will appreciate it, i.e. a collector. The guy is just being the middle man whilst earning profit in the process and taking advantage of a situation so it's a smart idea if you're earning something off it.

Associate
Or a true fan of Playstation like myself who will appreciate it. That's why I wanted one.

Might possibly be, but it's all about the luck of the draw at most places selling these. If your lucks not there, you have to fish out more for one and you'll find that Playstation's biggest fans/collectors will find a way of forking out 3k for this particular edition of console.

It's like winning the lottery, the one who wins it might not have appreciated the winnings as much as you and just splash it out pointlessly, whereas if you'd have won, you might have invested it wisely. But the fact is it's really just a random pick and they've decided to do what they want with their "winnings" of such.

Last edited:
Soldato

That's rather rude. So anticonscience is stupid if he doesn't sell it? I'd rather see someone who wants it and will use it get one, than someone like you who's just doing it to profit from it. People on here got stick (and rightly so) for profiting from selling launch-day PS4s at inflated prices and this is no different really.

As for the bit about it being a psychological issue: stick to whatever you do know because it clearly isn't psychology.

Caporegime
OP
I am a playstation fan, i've owned every singe one including vitas, etc.

But even I would sell this on, purely because it does nothing different than a £300 ps4.

If people are dumb enough to spend up to £3K for different coloured plastic then I would happily take advantage of that.

I am a football fan too and if I ever got tickets to say a champions league final and someone offered me £5K for them (they can sell for this easily a few weeks before the final) I would say yes please.

It's got nothing to do with being a fan it just makes sense to sell it on, it doesn't do anything a normal £300 ps4 can't do.

If you wanted you could sell it, take the £2K profit and spend <£500 of it on getting the best artist in your local area to mod yours to the exact same thing with a bit of paint, etc. You still have a console which looks the same but with an extra £1K+ in your pocket.

Soldato
They're not worth nearly what they were at the start, so many scalpers has driven the price to 1300-1500. £1000 profit after fees etc. is not enough to make me sell mine, well not yet anyway (mines still sat sealed while I ponder my options, I really want to keep it).

Soldato
So I want to buy the HyperX Cloud Gaming headset which uses a 3.5mm connector. I own a Mixamp Pro, do I simply attach the mic and headphone connector into a splitter, then into the mixamp to use voice chat?

The method you suggested above will work, I have the same setup(HyperX headset and a 2011 Mixamp pro). It works fine without having to connect to the DS4, which is good as I think having the extra wire connected to my controller would do my head in.

The headset comes with its own splitter so you don't have to worry about purchasing another one if you lost the one that came with your mixamp.

Soldato
If you wanted you could sell it, take the £2K profit and spend <£500 of it on getting the best artist in your local area to mod yours to the exact same thing with a bit of paint, etc. You still have a console which looks the same but with an extra £1K+ in your pocket.

He's spent £400 on a console which is (and likely always will be) worth more than he paid. Your £500 painted one isn't going to be worth any more than a regular console and it isn't going to look anything like the anniversary editions either.

It's a shame that Sony go to the effort of producing these and then all people can think about is profit. I bet if Sony were pricing them at £1,500 each you'd be moaning about it.

Soldato
Well it does have a camera so it does something a £300 ps4 doesn't.

:p

Well done on obtaining the 20 th anniversary ps4, just enjoy it. Ok lots are saying sell it on, I also would think hey, 3k for an item that is just a different colour.. but it's a right PlayStation collector's item..

I even though the money would be nice I would keep it. Its going to be a keep sake and you'll have a more unique ps4 then nearly all the ps4 owners this forum..

Back
Top Bottom