*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
That's rather rude. So anticonscience is stupid if he doesn't sell it? I'd rather see someone who wants it and will use it get one, than someone like you who's just doing it to profit from it. People on here got stick (and rightly so) for profiting from selling launch-day PS4s at inflated prices and this is no different really.

As for the bit about it being a psychological issue: stick to whatever you do know because it clearly isn't psychology.

Ok maybe saying people are stupid for holding onto things just because they are a different colour was a little harsh especially when they would only make a potential £2600 profit...no sorry I have to stick with my original opinion :p

What's he doing to do with it that he can't do with the one he already owes? He's not even decided if he's keeping it so does that make him any better than a skulper? Personally I think it's clever to buy something cheap and sell for more, I wouldn't blame anyone for doing it. It's the sensible thing to do.

If I wanted one I would have attempted to get one but as I said I don't, I find it very ugly so the only reason would be to sell it.

Harsh comment on my knowledge of psychology...hit a man where it hurts :(

True, in a sense but he'll know that when he plays on it he has a machine that that not many have... And thats worth something.

You really think that's worth £2600? I don't think I would feel jealous of someone having that in their living room.

Last edited:
Soldato
They're not worth 3000 anymore, that was only when they very first appeared in the uk 2 weeks ago. Since then loads more scalpers got in on it and the price has come right down, you would do well to get over 1500 for one. Not worth it IMO. If they were still trading hands for 3-5k mine would be on eBay already

Soldato
Couldn't resist the deal at game and asked to swap it for a white one, £349 with four decent(ish) games isn't bad! Looking forward to the last of us and seeing how good GTA V looks! :D

image.jpg

Soldato
They're not worth 3000 anymore, that was only when they very first appeared in the uk 2 weeks ago. Since then loads more scalpers got in on it and the price has come right down, you would do well to get over 1500 for one. Not worth it IMO. If they were still trading hands for 3-5k mine would be on eBay already ��

I'd still sell for £1500 as I think they are ugly. The white one looks nicer pictured above.

Soldato
You talking about me when you say he hasn't decided if he's keeping it?

Because I know I'm keeping it.

Ok fair enough. I only read your comment

I've still not opened it yet.

I don't think it's sunk in yet after the week I spent trying to win it it's actually mine. It's a very odd feeling.

I would have thought you would open and use straight away rather than wait. If I were that excited about it I would have opened and used. But I suppose as it does exactly the same as the one you already have then maybe you wouldn't.

Soldato
Ok maybe saying people are stupid for holding onto things just because they are a different colour was a little harsh especially when they would only make a potential £2600 profit...no sorry I have to stick with my original opinion :p

It's not just a different colour though, is it? It's a limited edition, in the original PlayStation colours and with some rather nice design additions to celebrate that. I can see that's not really your thing, but evidently we don't all feel that way otherwise Sony wouldn't have gone to the effort of manufacturing them in the first place.

You really think that's worth £2600? I don't think I would feel jealous of someone having that in their living room.

For someone who keeps saying they don't care for it you certainly sound rather envious of the fact that he got one and isn't selling it on for profit.

Caporegime
Opinions are great though aren't they. Some people see it as an absolute thing of beauty!

:cool:

It is a grey PS4, that's it, the only reason people want it so badly is because Sony made it and said "OMG LIMITED EDITION".

It's kind of sad to see all of the fever pitch over it resulting in ridiculous prices. For a grey PS4.

Associate
It is a grey PS4, that's it, the only reason people want it so badly is because Sony made it and said "OMG LIMITED EDITION".

It's kind of sad to see all of the fever pitch over it resulting in ridiculous prices. For a grey PS4.

That, again, is your opinion. Some people like the look of it for purely nostalgic reasons. I don't see what the problem is, really ;)

Back
Top Bottom