*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
How the heck are games being locked? Are they digital purchases? Surely not disc-based ones?

My digital games was locked but I could play any disc based games.

I thought mine were locked but then I completely took my PS4 offline and they worked. I think the issue was that PSN was still slightly up so the games were trying to connect. Take them offline and they worked.

Associate
I can log in now but it wants me to verify the email address first & the emails are not coming through. Anyone else getting this?

(It's my mother in laws account - she has got a ps4 for xmas to replace her ps3)

Soldato
Allllllmost there.....

All seems to be sorted, except the PS4 wants me to confirm my email address by clicking a link in an email they send me.
Only thing is, the e-mail isn't coming through.

Meanwhile, the PSN account I've had for many years, with credit in the wallet and a number of purchased games, seems to work flawlessly on the PSN app and PS3.

Still, I can understand why the PS4 would need its own separate confirmation. Yep, makes perfect sense.... Yep.

Soldato
I can log in now but it wants me to verify the email address first & the emails are not coming through. Anyone else getting this?

(It's my mother in laws account - she has got a ps4 for xmas to replace her ps3)

Well kind of, I already have an account myself but I got a second profile on my PS4 for my Fiance and she doesnt have PSN subscription but I got Destiny for Christmas and I got 1 month free subscription so I thought I'd add that to her profile by making her a PSN account but never received the emails from Sony last night so in the end I just gave in with it.

But just so you know everything appears to be working for me today, PSN is signing in on my profile and all online features seem to be working in Watch Dogs.

Btw I don't know if you guys have read much on the news recently but I think there could be bigger things going on here then just a simple hacking group. Because now they're saying that Russia & North Korea could be behind the hacks on Sony and Microsoft. So therefore this hacking group called "Lizard Squad" could just be a front. Who knows? But if you look at everything that's happened over the past few years it seems like a lot of governments around the world are hacking other governments and organisations, almost like a "cyber cold war"...it's hard to know whats really going on behind the scenes. Also apparently north korea's internet was taken down, for the whole country, so I read, and now they're blaming the americans? I dont know if all these things I read on the news have any truth to them but if even 50% of it is true its quite strange some of the things that are going on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sat in the pub, couldn't be arsed with it anymore... went to a mates, his x live has been flaky so we've decided to go down pub instead... money for psn sale being spent on booze currently lol

Back
Top Bottom