*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
OP
Best wireless headset that will work on X1 and PS4? I'm looking to spend no more than £100.

Best wireless one will cost you a lot more than that. For that kind of money if your after quality your looking at wired and a hyperx ocuk sell them.

A40 by astro is a decent wireless setup.

If you want the best then I would be looking at my posts in the ps4 headset thread

Soldato
Not much of a sale to start with really.

Personally the time I lost was more valuable, I don't get time with work much these days. The least they could do is throw a complimentary game as an offer of good will.

The loosely termed hack might not have been their fault but that's not our problem. When customers pay for a service and that service is stopped then they should compensate their customers.

I'm not having a go but they should have got the situation under control and proper communications out. Drive club would have Been nice even if it were the free one we were supposed to get in September ;)

Soldato
Not much of a sale to start with really.

Personally the time I lost was more valuable, I don't get time with work much these days. The least they could do is throw a complimentary game as an offer of good will.

The loosely termed hack might not have been their fault but that's not our problem. When customers pay for a service and that service is stopped then they should compensate their customers.

I'm not having a go but they should have got the situation under control and proper communications out. Drive club would have Been nice even if it were the free one we were supposed to get in September ;)

If your train is delayed due to someone committing suicide on the tracks who's to blame? Who has to pay the compo?

It's a bit of a grey area for me this one. DDoS is impossible to defend against fully because of how the internet which was designed in the 70's works. Some of the botnets can throw petabytes of hard to trace data requesrs at an ip address in a matter of a few hours. This can overheat and trip failsafes in the biggest data centres, isps and anyone else in the chain.

I don't blame any company for getting knocked over under those circumstances.

Prolexic provide Sonys DDOS mitigation who are owned by one of the largest server providers in the world, it will be interesting to see how they handle another attack of that size again. Obviously manually blocking ip ranges and tweaking mtu size didn't quite cut it last time.

Last edited:
Soldato
? The train company pay compensation in that instance, irrelevant that it was someone else's fault. It's still their sevice!

Sony need to put proper contingencies in place as PSN is fast becoming a joke, like an upside down tortoise whenever anyone brushes against it.

Soldato
If your train is delayed due to someone committing suicide on the tracks who's to blame? Who has to pay the compo?

It's a bit of a grey area for me this one. DDoS is impossible to defend against fully because of how the internet which was designed in the 70's works. Some of the botnets can throw petabytes of hard to trace data requesrs at an ip address in a matter of a few hours. This can overheat and trip failsafes in the biggest data centres, isps and anyone else in the chain.

I don't blame any company for getting knocked over under those circumstances.

Prolexic provide Sonys DDOS mitigation who are owned by one of the largest server providers in the world, it will be interesting to see how they handle another attack of that size again. Obviously manually blocking ip ranges and tweaking mtu size didn't quite cut it last time.

Who pays the compo if my train is delayed?

The train operator...
Sony should be offering something.

Soldato
The real issue for me was how slow sony were getting the service back up after the attacks were finished. Live was running within minutes and even during the attacks managed to let many people on whereas psn was just taken offline for like a further 24 hours. As a paid service is shocking compared to live

Soldato
Just because there's an alternative doesn't mean we can't criticise a service we pay for and don't recieve as often as we should

Edit

All I'm after is 4 days added to my sub, can't see how that would be unfair

Last edited:
Soldato
4 days plus the other outage and prob people mention the past few month..

The size of Sony company I don't they do it they plenty of money they won't do it as they know people won't leave or stop paying as need the services...

Associate
Sony and MS should offer compensation as it is their fault. They decided we needed always online systems when everybody told them it would not work and was not wanted (by the majority at least). They went their own way so they could enforce DRM and make more money. They created the situation that the hackers exploited, despite being told it was a bad decision.

Soldato
My pstv still does not connect often and always times out in the webstore download list. Not been able to download my vita library very much since xmas day. Oh well I got 1 game downloaded ok curry saga! and its awesome :)

Soldato
Why not compensate people. it's not the end of the world being able to get online but a pro rata amount of the subscription based on their rrp and days offline should be applied as store credit or a refund. After all people are paying for a service. Whether or not MS and Sony can control outside interference is irrelevant, they charge for that service with that knowledge.

Soldato
I understand the frustration of not being able to game online for a few days, but demanding they compensate people?

yes - its a paid for service and every service provider will refund for loss of service, why shouldn't Sony?

Kept getting kicked last night too - its flippin appauling this whole debacle, I'm so sick of it, i've gone off Destiny and cba with online gameplay.

Will not be renewing PSN - shame it was renewed only in september :(

Soldato
Away from the 'Sony/Hackzorz sukz' conversation, does anyone own a ps4 camera?
Do you use it regularly?
Is it worth it right now?

With no official media remote yet I'm not big on using the game pad for all the non gaming stuff.
Is the voice control good enough to be practical, or simply a gimick? I've heard very good things about the xbox, not so much the ps4.

I like the idea, but I'd probably be over the novelty pretty quickly.

Are there any other benefits of a camera I've overlooked?

Cheers :)

Soldato
Its OK but can get annoying at times not working etc, I mainly used it when I played War Thunder for head tracking.

I sold it with my last PS4, Not got one with my new ps4 and doubt I'll get one again unless something really good for it comes out.

Back
Top Bottom