*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Sky fibre and psn fluctuates , generally it's OK , I tend to download via rest mode, ps3 was on vigrin for a while and that was so painful it was untrue. Downloading ps+ games took days, I remember leaving my ps3 on for days to download gt6 updates and BioShock infinite...

Ps3 and ps4 now connected via sky 40mb fibre and its mostly OK. Everyone gone to the rapture took me around two hours in total including the free theme and additional patch. Average I'd say for around 7gb of data..

Caporegime
Brothers - A Tale Of Two Sons gets its PS4 digital release today at £15.99. Bit pricey for my liking. Under a tenner and I'd bite again. Shame it's not cross play with PS3 like Journey.

Soldato
I'm on virgin and I downloaded like 400GB+ overnight no issues when I put a new hard drive in.

So nothing wrong with virgin media.

Just because it works for and others in this thread including me have reported issues with psn download speeds via virgin media doesn't mean its working fine.

Cable services vary widely depending on conditions. Line speeds, number I users using the line in the street, fluctuations in line etc all play a part. You can't just say nothing wrong with the service when so many others have posted the same slowness issue using virgin media...

Caporegime
OP
Just because it works for and others in this thread including me have reported issues with psn download speeds via virgin media doesn't mean its working fine.

Cable services vary widely depending on conditions. Line speeds, number I users using the line in the street, fluctuations in line etc all play a part. You can't just say nothing wrong with the service when so many others have posted the same slowness issue using virgin media...

obviously if you live in a congested area it will be slow that's an area specific problem not one to virgin media as a whole.

it would be the same as someone who lives in the highlands on 1Mb download and 0.05 upload saying that sky is rubbish for ps4 because it took them 1 month to download a game.

i can at times download lightening fast and at others it crawls. my internet is blazing fast on the pc all the time.

so the issue lies with psn IMO, nothing to do with virgin media.

Soldato
The issues are clearly with PSN.

This is obvious because if you pause and resume a download a few times (with luck) you'll get placed on a faster/less hammered file server. It happens all the time, I frequently have to do this to get a decent transfer speed.

It's just last night for around an hour, this trick was not working at all.

Soldato
yes.

Question: why many UK game retailers where i buy from, send most of games from outside UK? I just received 2 games, ordered from game, from Holland.

TAX thing?

Soldato
well i bought 2 preowned ps4 games for 15 quid...wedneday's 1 quid game + 1 preowned, so not expensive at all :)

maybe they have some branches hehe.

Caporegime
OP
probably to save on postage.

why don't you just create a US account and buy digital games? you get games @ launch for cheaper than UK retail.

but obviously waiting for pre-owned bargains is a lot cheaper.

Soldato
Bought Rapture and Kung Fury :p

Looking forward to playing both.

You'll enjoy the visuals in rapture. I enjoyed it. Very slow moving game though.. I'm currently trying to mop up the last five trophies for it.

It is a very short game, I've finished it twice now, first play through was around 4 hours, second time around I erm hmmm finished it in less time it takes me to eat a large dominos pizza.. I did chuckle.

Soldato
I saw the one on Base but wanted it for tomorrow night I'm impatient :p

Yeah I'm terrible for that, I decide I want a game, look on psn first. If its under £49.99 for a brand new release I consider it, if its on sale at like 60% off digital.. Rest is Amazon prime as they always tend to get it to me next day... Even had next day Saturday from prime..

Back
Top Bottom