*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Don
Had £20 of Tesco vouchers, so doubled them up and got Farming Simulator 2015 and Wolfenstein the Old Blood on Monday night.

Got Farming Simulator for the Kids, but have been addicted to it so far that haven't even opened Wolfenstein yet.

Soldato
Does anyone know if I bought a headset with an inline amplifier whether I would be able to increase volume over and above the PS4's ridiculously low max volume if I connected direct to the pad with a 2-1 splitter?

Additionally, is the ridiculously low max volume also present on headsets that connect via USB to the front of the PS4 (For example if I bought a USB adapter to plug my headset into) ?

My PC headset is completely wasted on the PS4 as it does not allow a high enough volume to properly hear anything but I really cannot be bothered with faffing around using mixamps et al.

Associate
It certainly is - strangely addictive in the just need to make a little more money to upgrade this way.

Looks to be an easy Platinum Trophy as well for people who care about that.

I can imagine.

I laughed at the idea a while ago, was on twitch and i decided to watch a stream to see what the deal was.... 45 mins later... :eek:

Soldato
Horrible controller, but I'd buy that Vader console in a heartbeat.

Super Star Wars too :D Wonder if all the SNES games are being re-released?

Soldato
Did i read that correctly? Super star wars on PlayStation with enhanced graphics and trophy support? Nah. It can't be, it can't be the SNES classic.

Omg if true. The nostalgia from that is strong in this one lol loved that game , by today standard its maybe a bit crummy but I'll play it if only for memories...

Edit - psn blog says it is SNES super star wars. Ok Sony / Disney you're opened Pandora's box. Get on with the other two super star wars games, then x wing please... Lol

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Does anyone know if I bought a headset with an inline amplifier whether I would be able to increase volume over and above the PS4's ridiculously low max volume if I connected direct to the pad with a 2-1 splitter?

Additionally, is the ridiculously low max volume also present on headsets that connect via USB to the front of the PS4 (For example if I bought a USB adapter to plug my headset into) ?

My PC headset is completely wasted on the PS4 as it does not allow a high enough volume to properly hear anything but I really cannot be bothered with faffing around using mixamps et al.

buy a xonar u3 (£20).

but to really get the best out of any headset you need a mixamp ;)

I wouldn't ask my worst enemy to use the 3.5mm connection on the DS4

Associate
Picked up a cheep copy of call of duty advanced warfare. played halfway though it, wnet back to the next day and lost half of my saves for the game. has anyone else had this problem?

Soldato
buy a xonar u3 (£20).

but to really get the best out of any headset you need a mixamp ;)

I wouldn't ask my worst enemy to use the 3.5mm connection on the DS4

So far I have a couple of things in the mix

As you say - a U3.
Steelseries wireless H headset
Creative labs E1 mini amp.

My concern with the U3 is simply volume - how loud will it be on the PS4's maximum volume? As far as I know the U3 is simply a DAC, not an amp so will I still struggle with volume, or does the PS4 output full fat volume through USB?

At the moment the E1 is looking like a good compromise to use as an in-line amp from the DS4 to my headset (DS4 > 3.5mm TRRS 4 pole male link cable > E1 > Headset).

I have read a couple of people have done that with success. The only concern there is the actual base sound quality that is provided to the pad over bluetooth. It seems to sound OK, jut low volume - but I suppose it could be hiding a multitude of sins that will become plain once it is amplified.

I am struggling to motivate myself to use a mixamp or even the Wireless H to be honest. My TV stand is tidy and due to the PS4 having no USB connections on the back (Seriously WTF were you thinking Sony?) I will be forced to have untidy cables showing because you have to use a USB cable as a voice pass through into whatever mixer/amp box you choose :(

Soldato
Picked up a cheep copy of call of duty advanced warfare. played halfway though it, wnet back to the next day and lost half of my saves for the game. has anyone else had this problem?

Not with CoD AW, but I have with BF4. Got half way through and it completely deleted my single player saves when I went on MP. Grrrr :(

Have you made sure it has uploaded your saves to the cloud?

Back
Top Bottom