*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
hi I just got a PS4 today with GTA5 and was wondering if there was a way to import a save file from someone else who has completed most of the game? I know I did this on ps3 when I imported someone elses hard work in changing all the Pro Evo team names and badges.

Before you judge me I am someone with not too much time for games and love messing around in GTA but do not want to do all the missions as im rubbish and it will take forever, id prefer if if I could switch it on and have most things (vehicles etc) waiting for me. Its just how I choose to play.

thanks in advance

Soldato
hi I just got a PS4 today with GTA5 and was wondering if there was a way to import a save file from someone else who has completed most of the game? I know I did this on ps3 when I imported someone elses hard work in changing all the Pro Evo team names and badges.

Before you judge me I am someone with not too much time for games and love messing around in GTA but do not want to do all the missions as im rubbish and it will take forever, id prefer if if I could switch it on and have most things (vehicles etc) waiting for me. Its just how I choose to play.

thanks in advance

It's gta, just steal them:D

Soldato
Something weird going on with my online storage I appear to have saved game files for games I've never played and the date on them is in the future 22nd of August

Caporegime
OP

thanks in advance

It's different taking a save file for pro evo to fix it all so it's more realistic than to take one to complete a game. I think you really need to just play the game as it was intended.

The mess about mode (online) is crap anyway. And you cannot take anyones online save.

You could take someones single player save but you would be missing out on the best part of the game. It's also really easy and should only take a couple of weeks to complete (not forever).

Soldato
It is reasonably obvious that wired is better in sound quality terms. But if a person isn't that in tune with sound quality or does not mind the reduction in quality in favour of wirelss convenience, then is a wired setup truly better for them?

Horses for courses, and all that.

Its a bit like saying an F1 car is the pinnacle of performance car technology, but is an F1 car any use to a farmer that needs AWD in his muddy fields?

Soldato
Caporegime
OP
Erm, did you quote the right thread?

I think anyone with half a brain can figure out that there is a tradeoff for the convenience of wireless. With modern wireless technology I doubt there is much good technical reason why the signal quality should be signifcantly different.

the most important parts of the setup are:

Source/Signal Quality - you cannot polish a turd use a rubbish source like magnetic tape and it will always sound rubbish. The same goes for using old crap bluetooth technology like a v2.1 class 2 bluetooth transmitter to send the signal (which is what the ps4 uses it doesn't use modern apt-x technology or a class 1 bluetooth chip to transmit sound).

http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/difference-between-class-1-class-2-bluetooth-adapter-33512.html

the ps4 switches between class 1 and 2 when you plug something into the jack.

DAC/AMP - Use a cheap DAC or AMP and it can add all sorts of crap to the sound. A half decent DAC/AMP costs a minimum of £50 to power headphones. Your talking £5 for a wolfson DAC (the one used in mobile phones) and then anywhere between £10-£20 for a decent enough amp for IEM's for what you get in a top end smarphone (that retails for £500+).

Headphones - the quality of the driver will depict how good the sound that comes out of it is.

So basically when you look at the source and then the dac/amp with the prices i have suggested above as a bare minimum. I don't see how anyone thinks a controller that retails for £35 in USA and probably cost around £10 to make has a decent bluetooth chip or a decent dac/amp in it to produce good sound quality over wireless.

I have tested DAC/AMP's worth up to £800 over a 3-4 week period. You can easily tell the difference between a amp/dac which costs less than £150 and those that are more expensive. Around the £200-£400 marks is where the law of diminishing return kicks in for headphone dac/amp's. Once you go over that your paying lots of cash for very little improvements a lot of which most people could never hear (crap hearing or crap headphones).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/69310423

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11...o-include-new-dts-hd-master-audio7-1-decoder/

the ps4 has a really good internal sound chip, provided you take advantage of it by using an optical DAC (creative x7) then you can get one of the clearest sounds possible.

unfortunately the ps4 can only send stereo through USB so a USB DAC/AMP is still hugely inferior to optical out.

people are willing to spend huge money on headphones/headsets, but they very rarely usually spend money on the dac/amp that powers them.

so the 3 parts of the chain are; source/signal quality, dac/amp and headphones.

if 1 part of that chain is weak it's detrimental to everything else.

if i had to rate the 3 different signals of the ps4 with optical being the best as a 10/10.

I would give USB a 7/10.

The 3.5mm jack on the ds4 would get a 3/10.

Modern wireless technology is great though. I use apt x roth Oli speakers. It's a pity the ds4 doesn't actually use modern tech it uses very very old tech in fact it's inferior to the tech used in the ds3 in terms of bluetooth signal quality.

they have actually went backwards.

so you have kind of proved my point. modern tech is good. ds4 uses really old tech.

why? you cannot use modern tech (apt-x) in a £35 controller which includes a speaker, battery, led lights, as well as rumble, analog buttons and triggers, etc, etc. the budget for the dac/amp will be in the pennies rather than tens of £'s

Last edited:
Soldato
Okay I've not had my PS4 long but has anyone else noticed how the glossy HD cover on the console scratches reeeeeeeeeally easily?

Yep. Micro scratches all over mine..looks nice but not overly practical when dusting... I believe the newer models have removed the glossy HDD cover..

Back
Top Bottom