*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
So I've been learning Spanish for a while now - nowhere near fluency but I can understand more than the basics. When the language options came up for Horizon Zero Dawn, I thought I might try the Spanish voices/text but I noticed there was English, French, German and Italian. But no Spanish. Anyone know why? Is this standard on PS4 games that Spain is classified as a different subregion (presumably along with Portugal). I haven't checked any other titles yet - a job for tomorrow - to see how many support voice/UI in Spanish. I haven't got the PS4 UI set to Spanish though, maybe I need to?

Caporegime
So I've been learning Spanish for a while now - nowhere near fluency but I can understand more than the basics. When the language options came up for Horizon Zero Dawn, I thought I might try the Spanish voices/text but I noticed there was English, French, German and Italian. But no Spanish. Anyone know why? Is this standard on PS4 games that Spain is classified as a different subregion (presumably along with Portugal). I haven't checked any other titles yet - a job for tomorrow - to see how many support voice/UI in Spanish. I haven't got the PS4 UI set to Spanish though, maybe I need to?
The games with Spanish audio are a different "SKU", i believe. I see them for sale in the shops here and they say "solo en castellano" on the box (only in spanish). I never bought any games from here for that reason, It may not be the same for smaller titles, but for bigger titles (COD/FIFA etc) there is definitely a separate disc version for Spanish audio versions. When in the UK I sometimes bought the EU copy of the disc, and they all had english choices but never spanish iirc. I borrowed a PS4 game from someone in Spain and tried this and it was in Spanish audio even though my console was set to English (I think it was one of the AC games).

rp2000

Soldato
Anyone had any experience of fixing blue light of death? Tried all the standard troubleshooting on google, diff power, HDMI cables.. bought a new HD.

Console won't even go into safe mode, just get a constant blue blinking light :/

Looks like I've got a brick on my hands!

V F

V F

Soldato
You've tried? http://www.usgamer.net/articles/what-to-do-if-your-ps4-has-a-blinking-blue-light

Finally, if you're still having issues, try booting your PS4 into Safe Mode by turning it off, then pressing and holding the power button until you hear two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later. This will boot into 480p graphics mode and allow you to update the system software, restore the settings to factory defaults, rebuild the system's database of content, format the system and remove all content except firmware updates, or format the system and remove all firmware updates

Soldato
Yup, won't go into safe mode. I managed to get it loaded up again after hours of trying then it turned itself off again and now back to the blue light of death! :/

Soldato
Rumours that the 4.50 firmware is coming out today after a Sony customer support agent mentioned it in an email to a user. But I wouldn't hold your breath.

Confirmed not happening. People all over the world went crazy over a single source when there was no real confirmation from Sony - still no ETA on it.

Associate
I really want to pick up a cheap PS4 (I have XB1 and a huge PC Gamer) I just want to play some of the exclusives and obviously Crash Bandicoot is on the way!

Should i just buy a cheap console from Ebay or hold out longer maybe go for a Pro...

Soldato
I really want to pick up a cheap PS4 (I have XB1 and a huge PC Gamer) I just want to play some of the exclusives and obviously Crash Bandicoot is on the way!

Should i just buy a cheap console from Ebay or hold out longer maybe go for a Pro...

If you can get a good deal on a PS4, go for it. I'm not sure what's pointless about it, it plays all the same games.

Caporegime
I wonder if it will be better performance-wise to run all the games from an external USB HDD. The internal one is always recording gameplay and sometimes downloading other things in the background so if the game data can be read from elsewhere, it could be a bit faster? Thoughts?

Associate
My ps4 still has the original HDD in have never bothered changing it but almost out of space, I also have a 480gb SSD sitting in a caddy unused at the moment so going to try it out tomorrow and see what its like, wanted to try it tonight but its in my drawer at work.... will be interested to see anyone else's results.

Caporegime
I'm curious as to how rest mode works with an external HDD. Does it power down the HDD when the console is powered down? Does it keep the HDD alive if you are downloading something overnight? What happens if you have the USB ports only powered for 3 hours?

Back
Top Bottom