*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
I actually had my PS4 Pro all boxed up and ready to sell on the MM. Then I thought it would just be my luck that this upcoming firmware brings some great, new feature(s) to the table that I'd want. So I got it all back out and connected up again. :eek::D

Soldato
my account has been banned:( strangely it asked me to sign in the other day which it hasn't for well over a year and today when i put the password in it says its banned. says i'll get an email explaining why but i've not.
raised a ticket with them. anyone had this before? i can only assume its been hacked as i've only used it for 4on demand and netflix this week.

Soldato
my account has been banned:( strangely it asked me to sign in the other day which it hasn't for well over a year and today when i put the password in it says its banned. says i'll get an email explaining why but i've not.
raised a ticket with them. anyone had this before? i can only assume its been hacked as i've only used it for 4on demand and netflix this week.

Don't wait around, just get on the phone to them. Either you've been caught for doing something you shouldn't have or there is a genuine mistake or security protocol has kicked in. The latter two will see your account restored by the end of the phone conversation, the former will see the account remaining banned.

Soldato
Don't wait around, just get on the phone to them. Either you've been caught for doing something you shouldn't have or there is a genuine mistake or security protocol has kicked in. The latter two will see your account restored by the end of the phone conversation, the former will see the account remaining banned.
Had a right panic on when I looked on there help bit saying bans won't be overturned . Rang them yesterday (they didn't open til 1030 which is different) and they were brilliant , much to what you read online ! Took about 15 minutes to sort out , turns out my email had been changed my PlayStation unregistered and registered on 3 other consoles , the operator got it all sorted quickly which is good . I can happily get FIFA 18 pre ordered now

On a different note does anyone know in the new gran tourism can you upgrade your cars ? Might pre order if you can if not I'll wait until the proper version comes out

Soldato
I wasn't at home so they sent me an email with the instructions to set up the 2 step authentication which I got my partner to sort out . I thought I had set it up but clearly not :(

Soldato
Well maybe if Sony actually made it easy for some of us to set up 2FA! I get this error:

"This email address is already associated with another Sony group service"

Apparently this is because my account is tied to other services which don't support 2FA so I can't enable it. I see three issues here:

1. There is no further information offered other than this error message
2. After searching for a solution myself, it appears I have to actually call Sony, I can't even email them to sort this out!
3. Having some services supporting 2FA and some not is pathetic.

I use 2FA wherever possible but I've never seen anyone make it as hard to set up or obscure as Sony. Well done you muppets.

Back
Top Bottom