*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Just finished HZD and need a new game, looking at Yakuza Zero, never played any of the series before, but like the look of it.

Is it a game I can jump straight into, to pick up any story from previous games if there is?

Oh and just noticed I can get it for £20.54 on psn store, currently on pls plus discount offer.

It's a prequel to the first game so I suppose you don't need to

Soldato
Jumped on the amazon prime deal for 180quid with 2 games and extra pad, I haven't had a console for the last decade so im looking forward to playing the exclusives. Bloodborne, uncharted, crash and wipeout high on the list.

Soldato
Considering a PS4 Pro & it'll be my second console after my day 1 release 360 (I'm a PC gamer mainly). Are there any possible releases or announcements on the horizon that could result in the price dropping much lower than £339? I'm not in a rush, so don't mind waiting a few weeks.

Cheers!

Soldato
Considering a PS4 Pro & it'll be my second console after my day 1 release 360 (I'm a PC gamer mainly). Are there any possible releases or announcements on the horizon that could result in the price dropping much lower than £339? I'm not in a rush, so don't mind waiting a few weeks.

Cheers!

probably when the one x comes out or during the holidays / black friday

Qel

Qel

Associate
Given the pricing of the Xbox One X I doubt they see the need to drop the Pro price but if it did happen Black Friday would be my guess, or perhaps Playstation Experience in early December?

Caporegime
You can be guaranteed that there will be a deal on Black Friday, either price drop or a bundle (hopefully a good bundle this time round rather than 2 of the games being complete trash like always....)

Soldato
Yakuza Zero is a great game so far from what Ive played, only not realising I lost all my chapter 1 progress thinking it auto saves:o, must have missed the tip about phone booth save points.

Also the boss battles are very hard, went into the chapter 1 boss fight thinking this should be a walkover without any health boosts. what a battle!!! had to dial down my difficulty to easy.

Associate
Thinking of selling my original ps4 500gb and getting a PS4 slim. Have had it 3 years and it’s getting a bit too loud when playing anything now. I haven’t a clue how to open and clean it and quite frankly I would like a smaller one too. I’m thinking CeX trade whilst trading some of my old games too.. worth doing or not? I don’t use headphones or anything so the fan noise is pretty intruding if I’m honest.

Soldato
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073K37...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=308ZHK81DV2C024QTY9R

This is a good deal, right? £350 for a 1Tb ps4 pro, Horizon Zero Dawn, Wipeout Omega and COD:IW
I'd probably dump COD on the MM since I'd far rather play my FPS games on my PC, but is there any reason I shouldn't grab this deal?

I did and don't regret it at all - great deal (yes only one controller but that's all I need).

Same with COD - PC for FPS stuff (already have IW Legacy anyway) so will likely flog COD off at some point. PS4 is for the 'arcadey' stuff and exclusives.

IMO a PS4 makes a much better companion to a PC as the games tend to be different with many PS exclusives. There's far too much crossover between XBox and PC to make having both worthwhile, a legacy of their similar architecture no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom