*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
"So, is Destiny not worth playing then?"

The analogue controls just felt odd, compared to every other fps ive played on the ps4. I couldnt get used to it so binned it off. If it had cost me money I probably would have persevered.

Associate
I haven't played on my PS4 or even followed the PS4 game releases, so I'm a bit out of the loop. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some PS4 exclusive RPGs?
Persona 5
Dragon Quest if you didn't buy it on PC
Tales of Zestiria& Berseria if you haven't bought it on PC
Ni No kuni 2 if you didn't buy it on PC
Nioh
Bloodborne
Nier Automata before it got released on Xbone

Soldato
Your views on it?

Only spent a few hours on it since my post - but oh my goodness! As a rider myself, this game ***** me right up!! It's mental how fast they have been able to get the whole thing to run, so belting down a straight at nearly 200 (or even 170!) through all the trees, with sun flashing through; scares the living **** out of me.

It's got a steep learning curve, and plenty to tune in the control stakes - I have it in simulator (I think) mode, with manual shifting, but with a bit of ABS/anti wheelie/TC on - just to reign the bike in. I sometimes find that the rear brake behaves incorrectly though, locking the wheel (I presume) at high speed and chucking me in a hedge. That's a bit annoying, as it's not what a rear brake would do - but I can work around it.

For £25, I personally think it's worth a punt - I've only had a few time attack laps, but there's already enough there to keep me happy - and I'm proper fussy with motorcycle games, typically gravitating towards car racing. But (imo of course) they have nailed the handling on the TT game, sure it's not lifelike, but it's enjoyable and usable handling.

Currently lapping the IOM in around 28 minutes, with umpteen crashes :D

Soldato
How good is PSnow? I was tempted by either that or game pass. I have a physical PS3 and a fair few games.
I tried it about 12 months ago but the input lag made it unplayable for me personally, I'm not sure how other people find it. They have recently announced that you can now download the games which would have been great, but unfortunately that doesn't apply to PS3 games, only PS2 and PS4.

Associate
Im considering getting a headset, mainly for fortnite but have a slight dilemma. I already have a fairly decent set of wireless headphones connected to the tv so a headset seems a bit wasteful. Before I go out and buy some is there a way of connecting a separate microphone instead of buying a full headset? Thanks

Associate
Got a new PS4 coming tomorrow as my last one broke. Was tempted to get another One X for Forza H4 but then I remembered the horrific interface.

I've got a Pro which I adore and just picked up an X yesterday, the interface is absolutely pants. Other than that seems great so far, forza is fab. But a big thumbs down for the interface from me.

Back to spidey.....about halfway through the campaign

Back
Top Bottom