*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
I've got a Pro which I adore and just picked up an X yesterday, the interface is absolutely pants. Other than that seems great so far, forza is fab. But a big thumbs down for the interface from me.

Back to spidey.....about halfway through the campaign

Enjoy Spider-Man. It’s a real gem; one of the rare games that brings up a nostalgic feeling and I only traded it in last Sunday!! Haha. Incredible testament to the PS4 pro and its amazing value for money.

Soldato
I've got a Pro which I adore and just picked up an X yesterday, the interface is absolutely pants. Other than that seems great so far, forza is fab. But a big thumbs down for the interface from me.

Yeah the interface is pretty bad, it has gotten better since Groups were introduced though.

People bash the PS4 interface for lacking features but i much prefer the simple look.

Soldato

I was amazed how quiet the X was compared to the Pro as well, it's such amazing hardware, just hard for me to justify changing as I'm so invested in Sony with my PSN from launch and the fact I like a lot of the niche games Xbox never gets. Also I was struggling with the buttons on the Xbox as they are opposite to my Switch so thats one less headache.

Associate
I was amazed how quiet the X was compared to the Pro as well, it's such amazing hardware, just hard for me to justify changing as I'm so invested in Sony with my PSN from launch and the fact I like a lot of the niche games Xbox never gets. Also I was struggling with the buttons on the Xbox as they are opposite to my Switch so thats one less headache.

It is super quiet, I'll give it that and FH4 is amazeballs. I'm slowly getting used to the controller.

I'm terms of performance I'd love to do a side by side with the same game to see what gives. Both staying though!

Soldato
It is super quiet, I'll give it that and FH4 is amazeballs. I'm slowly getting used to the controller.

I'm terms of performance I'd love to do a side by side with the same game. Not getting rid of either!

I've watched a few Dig Foundary and generally the X does better as you'd expect with the superior specs. For me it's really the reasons I mentioned and my digital purchases. The backwards compatability and enhanced older titles MS are doing is also outstanding + the value Gamepass brings. Sony really need to step their game up next gen or I may be tempted to start the next one on the other side. If there is no BC for PS4 titles I'll be really put off.

V F

V F

Soldato
Enjoy Spider-Man. It’s a real gem; one of the rare games that brings up a nostalgic feeling and I only traded it in last Sunday!! Haha. Incredible testament to the PS4 pro and its amazing value for money.

No interest in the DLC?

Associate
No interest in the DLC?

CEX gave £40 for it so traded it in as soon as I finished it as it only cost me £7.99 then. The only DLC I ever truly thought enhanced the games and the shine of the game didn’t wear off a little was Witcher 3 Hearts of stone and Blood n’ wine, and Outlast Whistleblower. If I’d have had the game digitally I’d have definitely got the dlc though.

One of the best PS4 games of the gen imo. Hope the dlc is as good as the base game!

Associate
Well after borrowing a PS4 and God of War from a mate at work I now own one. Friend of mine was selling his to get a Pro so I got his 1 year old PS4 500GB slim + Controller plus God of War (I haven't finished 100% yet so will continue with it) for £150 which I think is a pretty good deal.

It'll sit nicely under the TV with the xbox and switch - GF is dead chuffed as she loved God of War and wants to play Spiderman so win win :)

Caporegime
Not sure. But then I don't know why they wouldn't support crossplay from the start either.
Only reason PS4 didn't have PS3 compatibility was because of differing architecture (cell vs x86), that's why there needed to be remasters of everything.

PS4 isn't actually powerful enough to emulate the cell processor, PS5 might be, but they wouldn't go back two generations at this stage, it's not worth it.

Soldato
You're all right in that it seems 'obvious' for them to do it but it doesn't always work out that way. Makes me wonder what the future of Now would be.

Caporegime
It'd be fantastic if they could do the same with PS3 games on the PS5 like they have done with PSP games on the PS4. It's native code running but higher textures are swapped in, in real time. Either way, it's still a travesty that Infamous 1 + 2 and Resistance 1, 2 and 3 never got remastered.

Soldato
I may have to try Spiderman. I don't like comic book characters really so I'm unsure if that will affect my enjoyment of the game.

Same here, but the game was completely brilliant - they seemed to have nailed so many point on this game, that I [personally] questioned whether it beats TLOU as my own 'best game ever'. Seriously.

As for Spiderman, I've only watched the first film with Toby whatshisface in - and played with Spiderman toys in the 80s; so had no real idea about the characters and whatnot - but still enjoyed it immensely.

Treat yourself and grab a copy :)

Soldato
PSN name changes officially confirmed as incoming: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...ture-enters-playstation-preview-program-soon/

We’re happy to announce that we will soon begin testing the long-awaited feature that will allow users to change their PlayStation Network Online ID from their PlayStation 4 system. The PSN Online ID Change feature beta will be a part of the PlayStation Preview Program, and will become available to select users that have pre-registered as testers for previous PlayStation 4 system software betas.

During the preview, you will be able to change your online ID as many times as you want. The first change is free, and changes after that will cost €9.99/£7.99. For PlayStation Plus members, it will cost €4.99/£3.99 after the first change. Changes to online ID can be made through the Settings menu or the Profile page of your PS4.

When you change your online ID, you will have the option to display your previous ID with your new ID, so your friends can recognize you. Once you decide to display your old ID or not, you won’t be able to adjust this after completing the online ID change process.

This feature is compatible with PS4 games originally published after 1st April 2018, and a large majority of the most played PS4 games that were released before this date. However, please note not all games and applications for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita systems are guaranteed to support the online ID change, and users may occasionally encounter issues or errors in certain games.

If for any reason you experience issues after changing your ID, you can revert back to your original ID for free at any time (you will only be able to revert once during the preview program). Reverting back to an old ID will resolve most issues caused by the ID change. In addition, when this feature officially launches, a list of compatible games published before April 1, 2018, will be provided on PlayStation.com for reference before you make a change.

The preview program for this feature is planned to conclude at the end of November 2018. The full roll-out of the feature to all PS4 owners is planned for early 2019, so stay tuned for updates down the road!

Back
Top Bottom