*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Same here, but the game was completely brilliant - they seemed to have nailed so many point on this game, that I [personally] questioned whether it beats TLOU as my own 'best game ever'. Seriously.

As for Spiderman, I've only watched the first film with Toby whatshisface in - and played with Spiderman toys in the 80s; so had no real idea about the characters and whatnot - but still enjoyed it immensely.

Treat yourself and grab a copy :)

Well how can I ignore it now after that post :)

Soldato
I suppose this is the sort of nonsense you need to put up with when you game on a closed platform. Only took them 12 years. :rolleyes:

Give them a Blue Peter badge and a balloon for their efforts.

That is assuming they have been trying to do it for 12 years - seems highly unlikely.
Oh look we've just launched a new platform, now we'll try programming in name changing - seems unlikely it was that soon afterwards.
It has been explained many, many times why it has taken so long to sort this issue out - the armchair programmers seem to think a couple of tick boxes and jobs a good un - can you imagine what kind of press Sony would receive if, after allowing name changes, people suddenly started seeing titles in their library disappear with no way of tracking.

Yes it was Sony's fault in making the PSN ID a key field, but it was never going to be a quick and easy issue to resolve.

Associate
That is assuming they have been trying to do it for 12 years - seems highly unlikely.
Oh look we've just launched a new platform, now we'll try programming in name changing - seems unlikely it was that soon afterwards.
It has been explained many, many times why it has taken so long to sort this issue out - the armchair programmers seem to think a couple of tick boxes and jobs a good un - can you imagine what kind of press Sony would receive if, after allowing name changes, people suddenly started seeing titles in their library disappear with no way of tracking.

Yes it was Sony's fault in making the PSN ID a key field, but it was never going to be a quick and easy issue to resolve.

Their network is held together with duct tape and glue. That won't change for a while either.

Soldato
Their network is held together with duct tape and glue. That won't change for a while either.

Hmmmmm, don't think a comment from an obvious Xbox fanboy/troll holds water, more likely, this opinion is held together with duct tape and glue...

Yes PSN has downtime, probably a lot more than Live does, that's been a given for many years now - but players of PS haven't really given a **** about it, and ultimately, it's just another drum fans of Live get to bang.

Really, there's no major issues with PSN these days - so I fail to see how it's held together in the manner you suggest.

Edit: now updated with the word I meant, and not typed!

Last edited:
Associate
Hmmmmm, don't think a comment from an obvious Xbox fanboy/troll holds water, more likely, this opinion is held together with duct tape and glue...

Yes PSN has downtime, probably a lot less than Live does, that's been a given for many years now - but players of PS haven't really given a **** about it, and ultimately, it's just another drum fans of Live get to bang.

Really, there's no major issues with PSN these days - so I fail to see how it's held together in the manner you suggest.

Stop being defensive of a company that doesn't give a **** about you. It's still PSN, it's still ****, and that won't change given the nature of the firm.

Soldato
Stop being defensive of a company that doesn't give a **** about you. It's still PSN, it's still ****, and that won't change given the nature of the firm.

Really? Do you honestly believe that any company gives a **** about you? Do you honestly believe that because you love Xbox, Microsoft give a **** about you? Companies are out there to make money, not friends.

So, anyway - please explain why PSN is so ****? Based off of the failings you then present, can you discuss some ideas about how they can be improved, so they wouldn't be **** any more? Also, what specific nature of the firm (Sony I presume), is causing PSN to be **** and to [apparently] still be ****?

I am genuinely interested in our ideas and discussing them.

Caporegime
OP

Not had any issues for a while. In fact only had issues maybe once or twice in the 16+ years i've used their online service. one was the hack and i can't remember the other one.

the only major issue i've had with console gaming has been the xbox 360. i went through at least 3 of them within 2 years before i decided enough was enough and to abandon it. now that was held together using cheese. i would have preferred duct tape and glue.

Soldato
PSN HAD its downtime issues, its very rare now and the PS+ games are superior every single month. PSN isn't **** at all, it like Live has had issues but downtime isn't often at all nowadays.

Xbox live was an absolute mess a couple of years ago, largely due to the OS but still.

Soldato
Really? Do you honestly believe that any company gives a **** about you? Do you honestly believe that because you love Xbox, Microsoft give a **** about you? Companies are out there to make money, not friends.

So, anyway - please explain why PSN is so ****? Based off of the failings you then present, can you discuss some ideas about how they can be improved, so they wouldn't be **** any more? Also, what specific nature of the firm (Sony I presume), is causing PSN to be **** and to [apparently] still be ****?

I am genuinely interested in our ideas and discussing them.

Wouldn't waste time arguing with this guy, has a bit of a history on the forums. Two years of owning a PS4 and now a Pro and I've yet to have a problem with PSN. Not had a single damn one, be it regarding downloads, playing online etc. but obviously the service is **** because it is. Also remember, everything that comes out of Japan is "jap crap", no matter how well received it is:p

Soldato
Wouldn't waste time arguing with this guy, has a bit of a history on the forums. Two years of owning a PS4 and now a Pro and I've yet to have a problem with PSN. Not had a single damn one, be it regarding downloads, playing online etc. but obviously the service is **** because it is. Also remember, everything that comes out of Japan is "jap crap", no matter how well received it is:p

I got that impression, bless him for trying though :D

Soldato
Oh it's him! He's adorable. I also sincerely hope he isn't older than 16 years old or he really needs to take a look at his life and question why he acts like such a bench .

Playing uncharted 4 for first time . I'm enjoying it but it's the same ol formula. See reason I can't play too many yakuza games.

Last edited:
Soldato
Right I apologise in advance, as I know this has probably been asked a million, and there are probably hundreds of articles and threads online elsewhere that explore this, but I don't care about them. I care what ocuk has to say!

I've put it off far too long, just like last generation(I bought a PS3 a week after the PS4 came out!) I'm gonna have to get me a PS4. I don't particularly want one tbh, but there are too many games I do want to play. Namely, Bloodborne, God Of War, that Ghost of Tsushima game when it comes out, Spiderman, plus Read Dead 2 and probably more.

I am perfectly happy just picking up a second hand PS4 from anywhere, as I would really like to keep cost down, but will I be making a mistake not getting a PS4 pro? Will my experience be that much lesser with an original than a pro? I only game at 1920x1080. I don't know how much if any difference it makes to framerate, but I'm not planning to play online so it shouldn't matter that much to me(I've never been a stickler for framerate)

Thank you all

Soldato
The Pro is better, but it's not night and day better and we're certainly not talking in terms of a generational leap here. You'll be absolutely fine with a standard PS4 and you'll be able to get one cheap which means more money for games.

At this point it might be worth hanging on for two weeks until RDR2 comes out, and see what Digital Foundry say about performance on the base model vs the Pro, but if it's anything like nearly every other game you'll be getting a solid experience either way.

Soldato
At this point it might be worth hanging on for two weeks until RDR2 comes out, and see what Digital Foundry say about performance on the base model vs the Pro, but if it's anything like nearly every other game you'll be getting a solid experience either way.

That sounds like good advice. Read Dead is a big deal. It might be the deal breaker for me if the experience is much better

Back
Top Bottom