*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
Holy nutballs! I’ve just started Spider-Man. Can’t believe how good it looks on PS4 Pro. Feels like it could be next-gen with the crispness of it. And definitely doesn’t feel like 30fps.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Got a 4TB external HDD coming hopefuly today, I kept telling myself "oh 1TB is enough in this standard Pro drive".
After installing well over 10 games I never came close to filling my 1tb. But even if I ever did I would just install enough games that I was currently playing, free games from psplus do not need to be downloaded and installed until I am ready to play for example. I do the same with my steam library, if I had all 400 or whatever games installed at once I would need over 10tb probably. Instead I use less than 250gb at any one time as I only play a handful of games at a time :)

Caporegime
Do we know if plugging our external HDDs from PS4 into the PS5 will be a thing so we can play those games right away? I know it is on the XBox side. Just wondering if I should start downloading my library over the next few months.

Soldato
Do we know if plugging our external HDDs from PS4 into the PS5 will be a thing so we can play those games right away? I know it is on the XBox side. Just wondering if I should start downloading my library over the next few months.

There's been suggestion it will yes, assuming those games are compatible of course. That said, there's obviously been scant little details actually released so far about how any of this will work in practice.

Soldato
It has (in as many words) been confirmed that you'll be able to play PS4 games from an external drive on the PS5. What hasn't been said is if we can simply take an external HD from the PS4 and Plug & play or if the games will need to be downloaded again.
Obviously if the game gets any PS5 SSD enhancements then it needs to be played from the internal drive to benefit.

Personally I'm taking the 2TB SSD currently in my PS4 and will caddy that up as my PS4 drive for the PS5. My old PS4 Pro will probably have a 1TB SSD installed in it as it won't be used anywhere near as much (moving to another room as a Netflix/Prime/Sky Go/Catch Up and games machine).

Soldato
Wow. Did you not consider to uninstall like 5 or 10, surely you do not play all 21 at the same time? :)

That said some people do have slow connections to the internet, so that could be a reason.
This is what I've never understood. My brother has a one S which has a tb of storage (although it's quite a bit less than that even knew), and he must have 50 games installed. He can only play 1 game at a time and he complains he's run out of space:rolleyes:.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This is what I've never understood. My brother has a one S which has a tb of storage (although it's quite a bit less than that even knew), and he must have 50 games installed. He can only play 1 game at a time and he complains he's run out of space:rolleyes:.
I guess everyone thinks differently, maybe they want the convenience or something. I have always been happy to just install what I plan to play, if anything it would bother me having games installed I am not playing :p

Back
Top Bottom