• Digital Only Version

Votes: 174 16.3%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 664 62.2%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 230 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Ubisoft are charging these ridiculous prices for all their recent releases. It must be punishment for consumers not supporting their AAAA game - Skull & Bones. Gotta recoup the money somehow.

Last edited:
Soldato
Assassin's Creed Shadows ultimate edition - £114.99

What on earth are they smoking? :p

I was about to say that the fancy limited edition versions with extra physical stuff thrown in are getting pricey these days, but I've just seen that's entirely digital! Even if it does include the DLC season pass, that's lunacy.

Soldato
Hang on, it's all digital?

What on earth are they thinking?
Yup!

Edit: Or if you have particularly poor grasp of your finances, there's the collector's edition for £240 from everyone's favourite drain-circling games retailer:

Last edited:
Soldato
Crazy. I mean, I’m all digital now.. but there’s no way in hell I’m paying that much for a game. :cry:

Edit. I haven’t played an AC since the first game anyways. Not starting now either.

Last edited:
Soldato
Priced to sell uplay subs
Exactly this imo - put an astronomical price tag on the software, and it draws the eye to the 17 quid a month (or whatever it is) subscription service. Give it enough time, and this will be the new norm, and people will probably defend it.

This gen has really taught me not to bother with games on release, there's the odd exception (HD2 for example), but most of the time I sit on my hands, and just keep an eye on the prices. I only just picked up remaster/part 1 of TLOU as I found it for 29 quid on the auction site.

I'm not opposed to paying 50-60 quid for a game, but it has to be complete, not a load of buggy garbage, and hopefully sans any 'season pass' nonsense. But sadly, games all seem to want to milk you now, so it's hard to avoid all the extra demands on your wallet - luckily most things that have launched recently are either complete tripe, or something I would only buy at a bargain bin price.

Next thing on my radar, and might actually be my next full price purchase, is KCD2 - the first game was just epic, and if they can give more of the same, with smoother framerates ann slightly nicer graphics; they Fry style "take my money"!

Associate
Exactly this imo - put an astronomical price tag on the software...

I feel like Ubisoft and others have been taking the p*** for a long while now with Gold and Ultimate versions over £100. Also AC:Shadows no matter how good, will be rammed with MTX for all the cosmetics. Bland armours earn-able in-game with the fancier, ott cosmetics in the in-game store.

Nintendo is pretty much the only publisher I tend to buy at release now. Luigi's Mansion 2 HD is the next incoming game. And with them, Steam Deck and indies taking a much more prominent role in my game time. Or waiting for stuff in sales. Makes sense.

Associate
Has anyone played/got access to the Valorant beta on PS5? I played a few games last night after finishing the tutorial and it really surprised me! Feels very polished already (only had 1 bug all evening where my shop wouldn't open for 1 round) and performance is great, running at a completely locked 120fps which helps aiming feel really smooth.

Soldato
The stand on the PS5 fatboy is awful. You touch the console at all and the thing slides off!!

Time to get some black plates and one of the 3rd party stands at each side now they seem cheap enough.

Last edited:
Soldato
The stand on the PS5 fatboy is awful. You touch the console at all and the thing slides off!!

Time to get some black plates and one of the 3rd party stands at each side now they seem cheap enough.
If you have it horizontal, is I do, then yes - the two small hooks let go of the console at the slightest nudge at times. The solution, was blutack for me :D

Soldato
Has anyone played/got access to the Valorant beta on PS5? I played a few games last night after finishing the tutorial and it really surprised me! Feels very polished already (only had 1 bug all evening where my shop wouldn't open for 1 round) and performance is great, running at a completely locked 120fps which helps aiming feel really smooth.
Ohh I didn’t even know this was coming!

Associate
Ohh I didn’t even know this was coming!
It plays really well! I'm genuinely surprised at how few issues there actually are considering it's a beta and it feels brilliant on a controller, that was the part I was worried they'd struggle to get right.

Also lovely that crossplay is console only, no need to worry about inputs being an issue and they seem to have been really hot on banning anyone using mouse and keyboard via XIM/Cronus devices.

Back
Top Bottom