• Digital Only Version

Votes: 173 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 664 62.2%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 230 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
You can get the disc version for essentially £225 if you you're interested in Netflix (free 12 months of Netflix premium or a £215 credit on your Netflix account if you're subbed already).

Crazy deal if you want/have Netflix.

That's a great deal, already subscribe to Netflix anyway.

Should I bite now or wait for a Pro model...

Soldato
That's a great deal, already subscribe to Netflix anyway.

Should I bite now or wait for a Pro model...

You could hedge your bets. Get the ps5 deal and play to your hearts content then sell it for more than you paid and get a Pro when released.

Even if it is break even or a minor loss, the deal seems worth taking up in the interim until the Pro lands?

Last edited:
Soldato
Well finally Alan Wake 2 is getting a physical release. The Deluxe edition comes with the original game and both the DLC. Just preordered mine.

I am sure that the fact that it hadnt even turned a profit yet is a big factor in them releasing it physically.

I am surprised though that they still have not released on Steam though. I am sure that is hampering their sales as well.

Soldato
Well finally Alan Wake 2 is getting a physical release. The Deluxe edition comes with the original game and both the DLC. Just preordered mine.

I am sure that the fact that it hadnt even turned a profit yet is a big factor in them releasing it physically.

I am surprised though that they still have not released on Steam though. I am sure that is hampering their sales as well.
Imo it was just daft to release as digital only, for a full priced game, and one that many fans of AW were looking forward to.

At least this way, I can pick it up when it hits the 30 quid or less marker.

Last edited:
Soldato

Epic published the game so it's exclusive to the Epic Store on PC.

Associate
You could hedge your bets. Get the ps5 deal and play to your hearts content then sell it for more than you paid and get a Pro when released.

Even if it is break even or a minor loss, the deal seems worth taking up in the interim until the Pro lands?
This is what I'm thinking, buy a PS5 slim now, when the Pro drops if I feel it's worth the upgrade sell the PS5 slim to fund it. If the Slim cost me effectively £215+ now because I already subscribe to Netflix I only have to sell it for the same to break even.

Soldato
I played right through Astro on the PSVR, thought it was great. Couldn't stand more than 10 minutes of Playroom though, I don't see how it gets so much love on this forum although each to their own :)

Soldato
Lots of Astro bot previews out today it looks like. It’s getting a lot of universal praise.

Could it possibly be contender for goty? :D

It’s also getting free dlc, too

PlayStation's upcoming platforming celebration, Astro Bot, is already launching with roughly 80 levels. But there will be even more on the way later, via free DLC.

Speaking to IGN, Team Asobi studio head Nicolas Doucet told us there were plans for eventual free DLC for Astro Bot, coming "soon" after launch. He says it will be based around adding more challenge levels to the game – shorter levels focused on specific platforming challenges – but that won't be the only component.
Doucet told us that PlayStation "completely opened the doors" to whatever characters Team Asobi wanted to include in the game, and internal studios even sent requests pouring in for their characters to be featured.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got a PS5 slim and looking forward get a SSD to increase storage.

Any recommendations? 1tb or 2tb ??
I picked up a Crucial PS5 Plus with heatsink a good while ago on offer, it's been perfectly fine FWIW.

The basic recommended requirements are PCie 4, read of 5500Mb/s or better and a heatsink. I only got a 1Tb that is enough with internal storage for me but I'd probably get a 2Tb or greater if I was buying now.

Always best to get more than you need if you can.

Associate
I picked up a Crucial PS5 Plus with heatsink a good while ago on offer, it's been perfectly fine FWIW.

The basic recommended requirements are PCie 4, read of 5500Mb/s or better and a heatsink. I only got a 1Tb that is enough with internal storage for me but I'd probably get a 2Tb or greater if I was buying now.

Always best to get more than you need if you can.

I went with the 2TB WD SN850X which literally turned up yesterday replacing my 1TB SN850 which has been in the PS5 for 2-years with no issues. I'm sure they are all similar albeit this one seemed ok for the price (£155) and I have multiple other SN850 in the PC which is also fine. The only mistake I may have made was buying it with the fitted heatsink which might be an issue if I ever wanted to use it in another device. I don't know if it's better to buy a separate heatsink and then have more flexibility where you put it. But my assumption is the SN850 with a heatsink would fit fine in a PC motherboard just without the motherboard's own heatsink.

Reason for upgrading is that it only takes a few games and you're very quickly filling up 1TB drives. Particularly if you play big triple AAA games rather than indies.

Caporegime
I went with the 2TB WD SN850X which literally turned up yesterday replacing my 1TB SN850 which has been in the PS5 for 2-years with no issues. I'm sure they are all similar albeit this one seemed ok for the price (£155) and I have multiple other SN850 in the PC which is also fine. The only mistake I may have made was buying it with the fitted heatsink which might be an issue if I ever wanted to use it in another device. I don't know if it's better to buy a separate heatsink and then have more flexibility where you put it. But my assumption is the SN850 with a heatsink would fit fine in a PC motherboard just without the motherboard's own heatsink.

Reason for upgrading is that it only takes a few games and you're very quickly filling up 1TB drives. Particularly if you play big triple AAA games rather than indies.

You don't have to use the PC's own slots, you could buy a PCI express board and slot it in there with no loss of speed. That's what I've done.

Soldato

I've had a 1TB Samsung 980 Pro for two years, albeit that was back when prices were higher, but between that and the internal storage I've always found it's more than enough space for all the games I'm ever going to need on hand at one time. The more storage you have, the more you'll fill it with stuff you probably don't actually need installed so don't feel too pressured into going for more just because.

I do have the benefit of a 1Gbps connection though so if I fancy playing something that isn't installed, it's a few minutes of waiting; if you're stuck on slow broadband the extra storage may make more sense.

Last edited:
Associate

Depends entirely how you manage your games and your internet speed.

If you play one game at a time, the bog standard drive on the console will do ok.

If you play multiple games or don't have the capacity to keep downloading games/patches, get the highest possible.

I bought a 4TB NVME when I got my Samsung phone, it set me back £150 as I got a decent deal on it, but it does mean I can put all my PS5 games on it, so they're readily available.

The other alternative is to look at an 8TB Samsung Evo and just be done with it, can stick all your PS4 and PS5 games on one drive then.

Associate
So, with the recent state of play events having wrapped-up (and Microsoft revealing their new hardware SKUs for the year, which do not include a mid-gen update); is it safe to say that a proposed PS5 Pro will likely be a 2025 release rather than a 2024 one?

Associate
You don't have to use the PC's own slots, you could buy a PCI express board and slot it in there with no loss of speed. That's what I've done.

True, I suppose that's another way to do it. I do now have this spare SN850 which I need to find a task for. Was thinking Raspberry Pi or maybe an external enclosure, but we shall see.

Back
Top Bottom