Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 27 11.6%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 146 62.7%
  • No (other)

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 5.2%

• Total voters
I'd be quite tempted by the controller, I had the 20th anniversary one back when I had my PS4 and it was a lovely looking pad.
Same, it was my go-to PS4 controller, still got mine in the drawer. I'll definitely try and get the DualSense, providing the pricing isn't absurd.

Really like the box designs for the anniversary stuff too.

Last edited:
Looks like a masterstroke from Sony, announcing the Pro at a price most aren't comfortable with, then announcing one of the best-looking anniversary edition consoles we've seen, highlighting that style often wins out over substance :cry:

Mental, isn't it? My PS5 is tucked away where you can't even see it. Save some money and just buy the controller

Yea, that 30th anniversary console package looks fantastic. Far too rich for my blood and also I still remember one of the disasters when Sony UK tried to sell the previous 20th anniversary edition PS4's (complaints upheld by the ASA). Hopefully it's a much better administered system this time.

The Dualsense is more tempting if it's not too hard to get.

Last edited:
Yea, that 30th anniversary console package looks fantastic. Far too rich for my blood and also I still remember one of the disasters when Sony UK tried to sell the previous 20th anniversary edition PS4's (complaints upheld by the ASA). Hopefully it's a much better administered system this time.

We can hope...but I generally find buying anything in high demand to be an absolute ****show in multiple ways.

PS5 launch and stock refreshes were a joke.
The Elden Ring launch was a joke, orders were going through with no receipt, multiple payments taken - my own order went through after trying dozens of times but without payment and it took over a month for them to sort it out and give me an order number and then take payment.
Try buying a just-announced preorder from ShopTo, the website crawls to a halt every time.
I tried to buy some gig tickets the other day and the website failed to load the payment API over and over again, then I ran out of time to complete the transaction and all the tickets were gone.
Scalpers.
Companies like Capcom announcing a game being for sale with no warning, having it appear at an unknown number of retailers over the coming hours/days a la Resident Evil.

The easy win is temporarily beefing up the webservers, but generally there has to be a better way of doing it than the online equivalent of opening a shop door and thousands of people storming in while fighting to the death.
Off the top of my head - Sony could operate a pre-sale lottery system and give priority to PSN accounts with a certain age/number of trophies, not just to reward loyalty but to stop some of the scalpers. Something like that.

Last edited:
Looks like a masterstroke from Sony, announcing the Pro at a price most aren't comfortable with, then announcing one of the best-looking anniversary edition consoles we've seen, highlighting that style often wins out over substance :cry:
FOMO sells and what better than a limited edition ... Then that nostalgic effect too that targets older generation with money to waste on such things... Because all companies have all realised Nostalgia = sells quickly at even more inflated prices.... Then add Limited to x amount and first day sold out. (because scalpers will try getting them too)...

Insane world we live in really.

Last edited:
I have gotten my FOMO and nostalgia much better under control in the past few years. So many things I could have bought but have not. One of the main thing I used to drop money on was guitar pedals, often these are limited edition for one reason or another and a lot of these are like £300, £400 a pop. Same as anime figurines, some reason they make them in limited batches so often they sell out.

But the key really is just don't look at the website, let them sell out, better to have extra few hundred quid sitting in my account than some plastic and metal sitting in the corner. A lot of marketing is playing on people's FOMO, it works, they know it.

^ that's true. I think there are very few collector's editions I missed out on and would still buy again, or did actually manage to get and glad I did.

Having said that I don't think Sony always do their collector's edition consoles or accessories that well. Particularly when compared to Nintendo. However as someone that was there on 25th Sept 1995 (delays back then were awful) that PS1 nostalgia kicks in hard. Also the fact it's a PS5 Pro helps too. However this particular one will be too rich for me.

Last edited:
Biggest gripe I have is that I’m not really bothered about the dual edge controller.

It does look nice, and I’m sure I’d use it, but I’d definitely never consider paying £200 for it were it not part of the ps5 pro 30AE “bundle”!

It might be a moot point as it’s doubtful I’ll be able to get my hands on it anyway given the limited numbers! Though I have a feeling Sony may make more if they think they can sell them and are leaving money on the table!

Last edited:
I have gotten my FOMO and nostalgia much better under control in the past few years. So many things I could have bought but have not. One of the main thing I used to drop money on was guitar pedals, often these are limited edition for one reason or another and a lot of these are like £300, £400 a pop. Same as anime figurines, some reason they make them in limited batches so often they sell out.

But the key really is just don't look at the website, let them sell out, better to have extra few hundred quid sitting in my account than some plastic and metal sitting in the corner. A lot of marketing is playing on people's FOMO, it works, they know it.
If it's made to be collectible,then it isn't collectible. It's just mass produced products for people with nostalgia.

If it's made to be collectible,then it isn't collectible. It's just mass produced products for people with nostalgia.
That kind of makes no sense. Plenty of things are made in limited quantities to be collectibles, and theses consoles and accessories will be made in limited quantities.

The anniversary PS4 all had a unique number badge stuck on them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom