Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
I've caved and ordered one. Took most of the day justifying it to myself.

I've decided that as Sony don't take payment until it's dispatched I can always change my mind. I can also order one from elsewhere in 2 weeks if there is a better offer available and just cancel this one.
Plus if it sells out everywhere maybe I can scalp it.

Should also get £350 or so back from selling my normal PS5

I’m just surprised they sold out of PS5 pro’s at that price. Stupid price for not really much of an upgrade tbh.

Not slagging people for buying one if it makes you happy etc but not for me.

I’ll either wait for PS6 or more likely go back to PC gaming if the PS6 price is as daft, which is highly likely.

I was going to not bother, but ps6 is 2027 earliest I would have thought. I’m sure the pro will shine in the long term till the ps6 is released.

oh yeah i cant fault the aesthetics but until the functionality gets better it will be pretty much useless for most PS players.

They were stupid enough to not make it (Portal) compatible with PS4/PRO too... Just pure insanity from the Sony PlayStation hardware departments. Why is it not compatible ? PS4/PRO have remote play, same as the PS5..

Honestly if it had worked on the PS4/PRO I would have got one of the 30th Portals now.. Nope checked and checked for any workarounds and means hacking the device and then still may not function well.. Also guessing this version has been patched for that previous hack for the Portal as they did send a patch when that was discovered too...

If they were smart they should have left the device open and added the PS4/PRO in the compatibility list and allowed also PC users to use it too..

I miss the old Sony really (even back then we were annoyed at them but nowhere like now)... This new Sony and their mentality is only going to damage the company for the future. A shame really, one of the few companies I grew up looking up to, right from the day of the first WalkMan, Trinitron, DiskMan, Sony PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4.... now PS5 my unit I got on release bricked right out of the box and not had one since due to back then they were scalped and out of stock everywhere, so got refunded and said I will wait for the PS5 Pro .. and here we are.. :(

Before anyone says I have something against Sony, I don't, I actually highly respect the company and own their TV now and have since Trinitron and since I could afford to buy my own gear, I even own now a Sony WalkMan digital player (Android device type), every Playstation apart from the PS5/PRO.. And a 4K Bluray player sat as a spare in case my main player (OPPO) dies.

So I hope people understand my frustration with them at the present.. more being upset at their behaviour and how much worse it has gotten towards their long time loyal customers..

I hope they get their act together again and have more respect for their customers.. We are not just cash cows for their stock holders.

Last edited:
I waited for the Pro and saw the price. Just nope, doesn't matter if I have the money to buy 64 of them.

The pro listings on eBay lol

Yes scalpers won over loyal customers that wanted to own their devices. New world.... I really dislike where we have come to..

The price for the PS5 Pro is not acceptable in my book... no drive too, no stand... sorry nope...

Coming from a guy that was after the 30th anniversary version yesterday for £960 and only justified that to myself as its a special thing to own and as a loyal PS fan since day one it would be lovely to add to my collection and enjoy it as collectable that marks the PS1 release and I always had a soft spot for the old PS logo and colours used.. But nope the scalpers got them.. :(

Last edited:
Yup, Sony either have an abundance of them made in advance, or sales haven't been strong. I suspect the latter.
The price is going to be a significant barrier to entry - but also mid gen refreshes only really tend to appeal to the really enthusiastic audience.

I still remember getting a PS4 Pro and just walking to GAME a few days after it came out and just picking one up in store.

Since games are coming to PC, I’ll probably just move my desktop to the TV and buy a new Zen5 + 5080 since my desktop is around the value of a Pro, but with better performance.

Might be tempted to get the Pro if it comes with a game or something, but for the same price.
I've got a SFF PC so I tend to move mine about a fair bit and it does work quite nicely plugged into the TV, especially with Steam Big Picture mode working so well.

There's still a slightly odd difference between using a console on a TV vs. a PC, like even though you set them up to be almost identical there's still that niggly difference and some things that don't quite work how you want or having to still have a mouse/keyboard to hand just in case.

Some games are great, I played AC: Mirage and AC: Odyssey both on my TV plugged in from the PC and that was no issue at all. Other games have been a nightmare!

I've got a SFF PC so I tend to move mine about a fair bit and it does work quite nicely plugged into the TV, especially with Steam Big Picture mode working so well.

There's still a slightly odd difference between using a console on a TV vs. a PC, like even though you set them up to be almost identical there's still that niggly difference and some things that don't quite work how you want or having to still have a mouse/keyboard to hand just in case.

Some games are great, I played AC: Mirage and AC: Odyssey both on my TV plugged in from the PC and that was no issue at all. Other games have been a nightmare!
I have definitely noticed a difference in how some games feel on console vs PC, and it's probably down to how it's presented to the TV. At least with Steam it's now a more seamless experience, and the PS5 controller is pretty well supported.

Back
Top Bottom