Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 27 11.6%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 146 62.7%
  • No (other)

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 5.2%

• Total voters
Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster & Days Gone Remaster are mooted.

Days Gone doesn't need a remaster, it needs a remake ideally with likeable or at least well-written characters, better dialogue, some semblance of a decent narrative and a rework of the incredibly dated game mechanics; those forced stealth sections because the soldiers are 100% bullet-proof were really stupid.

Slight rant aside, I'm holding out some hope that they might finally have read the room and realised that with the PSVR2 on life support and PS5 Pro receiving a rather frosty reception, people want to see some new first-party games. Surely they must be able to give us something about what ND has been working on between re-releases and failed projects.

Days Gone doesn't need a remaster, it needs a remake ideally with likeable or at least well-written characters, better dialogue, some semblance of a decent narrative and a rework of the incredibly dated game mechanics; those forced stealth sections because the soldiers are 100% bullet-proof were really stupid.

Slight rant aside, I'm holding out some hope that they might finally have read the room and realised that with the PSVR2 on life support and PS5 Pro receiving a rather frosty reception, people want to see some new first-party games. Surely they must be able to give us something about what ND has been working on between re-releases and failed projects.
I take it you read Reddit - where the PS5 Pro is getting a "frosty reception".
It will happily make up the 15% - 20% of the install base which Sony are expecting. I can guarantee you that the initial batches at both PS Direct & Partner retailers will all sell out.

I also know how to waste money as I'll end up buying Horizon Zero Dawn again even though I've finished it about 10 times.
It is such a good game tbf, the story especially.

I find the second a better 'game' to play, but the first is still the one that stands out to me as you play through and figure out what has actually happened.

Not sure if anyone is interested but here’s a comparison shot I took in the church
IMG-0003.jpg

IMG-0004.jpg

I take it you read Reddit - where the PS5 Pro is getting a "frosty reception".
No I don't, but there's been a significant amount of negative coverage in both regular and gaming press around the pricing and plenty of people are so far not convinced it offers enough to justify the cost.

The PS4 Pro was half the price and made up about 20% of all PS4 sales, there's absolutely no chance the PS5 Pro ever gets to the same share.

Ghost of Yotei was the only interesting looking thing. That and Hitman VR.

Laughing at the live chat calling everything with a woman in it ‘woke’. :D

That green controller looked very nice. Hitman in VR could be a bit disturbing - a bit serial killer simulator.

See that you can buy the remaster of Horizon for £10 if you already own the original. Dunno if I will bother though as I thought the gameplay loop was meh the first time around and I was carried through by the twists of the story.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom