Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
OP
It's the only game I like on the Playstation and the uncharted series. Plus when the other half gives me grief about some white coloured abomination under the TV I cant be bothered with the ear ache. If it comes in black I'll buy it but untill then I'll stick with my one X or get the Series X

Haha, the old “wife will give me grief/will give me ear ache” card has been played.

Had this conversation with the wife last night and she couldn’t care less what it looks like. It’s just a games console after all.

It will get put in the entertainment unit and will be a talking point for what, a couple of weeks?

Really not as big a deal as people make out to me.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I find it baffling anyone would choose the look of a console over a game they love. Absolute madness!

Yeah. The amount of people going on about it is surprising. If the Xbox S had the best looking case ever made and PS5 had something much worse than what they just showed us, I would still be going PS5. I buy for the games, not how the box looks ffs :p:D

Soldato
But it’s got next gen particle effects that the PS4 can’t handle. :p

It's also likely got shot of the train ride fast travel.

Time to look forward I'm afraid, no good trying to progress while always looking over your shoulder.

Looks like the UI patent has a pip facility, I think they will be aiming at the streamers with that HD camera.

Soldato
I find it baffling anyone would choose the look of a console over a game they love. Absolute madness!
But we already have the PS4 Pro which will play all the games we love, and it doesn't look like a pile of sick, and doesn't cost us another £600. IF we are going to fork out for the new console which won't have any actual games the PS4 can't play, for many years, then why buy something pig ugly and something that totally mismatches our whole living room setup?

Yeah, I don't get it. Especially if it's just the colour that bothers someone. Dbrand skins will sort that out for a few quid for example.
It's another £40 or £50 on top of what will probably be circa £5/600

Yeah. The amount of people going on about it is surprising. If the Xbox S had the best looking case ever made and PS5 had something much worse than what they just showed us, I would still be going PS5. I buy for the games, not how the box looks ffs :p:D
See my first reply.

Some unfortunate people (not me any more!) literally have to sneak new consoles into their front room because they cannot justify the expense to their non-gaming wife/partner who will/would go bonkers if they knew the true cost, and replacing their black Pro with a gigantic bright white ugly futuristic hunk of plastic would kinda give that game away.

It's a true story it actually happens you know! :p

Soldato
Why are they hiding the rear ports? My theory is that it won't support the old PS4 camera which uses a dedicated AUX port and so you have to fork out for the new camera if you have any chance of using PSVR.
The rear of a console is always never shown till much later. I guess incase things change before release.

Soldato
Some unfortunate people (not me any more!) literally have to sneak new consoles into their front room because they cannot justify the expense to their non-gaming wife/partner who will/would go bonkers if they knew the true cost, and replacing their black Pro with a gigantic bright white ugly futuristic hunk of plastic would kinda give that game away.

Ah, the old adage "My greatest fear is that one day I die and my partner sells my gaming/electronic/hobby possessions for the price I told them I spent on it" :D

To be fair it's not the price of the console which is the issue. It's the price of the games and subscriptions that add up over the years you own it. Look at the games you have on your shelf and work out what you spend on them compared to what you spent on the console. I'll be it's a fraction of the total cost. Likewise games consoles tend to have a pretty reasonable resale value so you can normally sell the devices for not much less than you paid for them anyway if you don't want to hang onto them for the lifespan of the console.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

If this is true then there are a lot of people in this situation based on the number of people complaining :p

I pretty much always get what I want without my partner saying anything, but then out the two of us I am the tight one :D

Like I won’t be buying the PS5 on release as there is nothing being released to justify paying the release price. I will however grab one in a couple of years when it is on sale for £300-£400. By then there should be a decent catalog of games and the release titles will be cheap. Had I not purchased a PS4 Pro last year and caught up with all the PlayStation exclusives, I would have grabbed it on release.

Soldato

Why is it baffling? People choose things based on what they find appealing and visual appeal is still important for consoles.

For me personally, all of my tech associated with entertainment is black. Sticking a big white thing in amongst it all is going to look, well, a bit crap and not in keeping with the theme I prefer.

Would you buy a car with all the body panels in one colour except one that is in a completely different colour to all the rest? I doubt it.

Colour and design are important to consumers, and specifically in the case of PS5 particularly when it is likely to cost a lot more than in previous years. People will want it to be right for their taste or at the very least neutral.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Why is it baffling? People choose things based on what they find appealing and visual appeal is still important for consoles.

For me personally, all of my tech associated with entertainment is black. Sticking a big white thing in amongst it all is going to look, well, a bit crap and not in keeping with the theme I prefer.

Would you buy a car with all the body panels in one colour except one that is in a completely different colour to all the rest? I doubt it.

Colour and design are important to consumers, and specifically in the case of PS5 particularly when it is likely to cost a lot more than in previous years. People will want it to be right for their taste or at the very least neutral.
Dude, there is like a 99% chance they will release a black version. Especially after seeing people’s response. If colour is your only gripe, then I doubt it will be an issue. People having issues seem not to be based on the colour but the design.

Also again, for me I buy it for the games. I will not sacrifice games for the looks of a box personally.

Soldato

I buy consoles based on:
A) The games that are coming out on it. PS has better exclusives so I'll be getting a PS5 first.
B) Which console my friends are getting.

The look of it doesn't bother me as it will just be sitting under my TV and I doubt society will shun me for having something that isn't the same colour as the rest of my stuff :p

Soldato
I buy consoles based on:
A) The games that are coming out on it. PS has better exclusives so I'll be getting a PS5 first.
B) Which console my friends are getting.

The look of it doesn't bother me as it will just be sitting under my TV and I doubt society will shun me for having something that isn't the same colour as the rest of my stuff :p

To each their own. Personally it would **** me off every time I looked at it! Lol :p

Boils down to personal choice.

Caporegime
It looks like it was 13 months before the first limited edition PS4 came along which changed the colour (20th anniversary PlayStation edition), then it was six months more for Batman edition. Obviously, it's not set in stone but anyone that wants a black one may be waiting at least a year.

Soldato
Rather than aesthetics I'm more worried about how loud the fans are on the new console. I currently have a Playstation 4 Pro and that thing sounds like a vacuum cleaner when running more intensive games. It's the loudest console I've ever owned by far. Even with the TV volume turned up it's still noticeable and distracting. I can still hear it even when wearing over the ear headphones!

I really hope they've improved the cooling/fans/thermals with the new design.

Caporegime
I wouldn't be worrying about the noise. The console has a fixed power profile with a known maximum limit, so surely the engineers have designed the cooling knowing this and therefore the system will be the quietest ever. If they haven't done this, then frankly that's idiotic. :p

Back
Top Bottom