• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
I don't hate the PS5 design but it is highly unusual, looks a like a duck beak turned on its side, already seen a few memes to that end.

Too big and unusual looking for many livingrooms, getting on for PC mid case size though still a lot slimmer.

Associate
OP
How can you justify a new generation, then the revision, then the pro version, then the revision of that, to someone who has no interest or understanding in gaming, and is baffled why anyone would, and is a little bit of a pessimist?

We’ve all got our vices/interests. They don’t have to get it, but if it makes the other half happy then why would you/they say no? As long as the priorities are in check, bills are paid, go for it.

Caporegime
We’ve all got our vices/interests. They don’t have to get it, but if it makes the other half happy then why would you/they say no? As long as the priorities are in check, bills are paid, go for it.

And now the fellas are saying "Not tonight, love, I've just got to get to level 26 in this game!"

Soldato
How can you justify a new generation, then the revision, then the pro version, then the revision of that, to someone who has no interest or understanding in gaming, and is baffled why anyone would, and is a little bit of a pessimist?

Why would you buy the original, then the revision then the pro then the revision of that?

I can understand maybe the original in one revision or the other and then a pro later in to console cycle.

Soldato
Why would you buy the original, then the revision then the pro then the revision of that?

I can understand maybe the original in one revision or the other and then a pro later in to console cycle.
Original, then the slim, then the Pro, then the newest version of the Pro because the original was a jet fighter.

People do this all the time don't they?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Oh the excuses I've had to make to previous partners over the years has been substantial, none of them were gamers and just 'didn't get it'.

One particularly memorable conversation went something like this:

The ex: What are you looking at?
Me: The new Playstation 4 slim
Her: But you've got a Playstation 4, haven't you?
Me: Yes :)
Her: So you don't need another do you?
Me: Yes I do
Her: But, no you don't
Me: But, yes I do, the other one is a phat, this one is smaller and slimmer, and quieter
Her: Right, so it's about being fat is it?
Me: Hmm... yes, kinda?
Her: So you don't like fat, am i fat?
Me: No! (sniggers)
Her: And I'm noisy too am I?
Her: So when a slimmer quieter girl comes along are you going to replace me then?
Her: You're not having it
Me: Yes I am
Her: You ******* are not!
Me: OK fine...

But of course I did, she just never knew, atleast not until the Pro came out, and then I had to do the same thing all over again with a similar conversation :p

Unsurprisingly we're not together any more and my Pro is smiling at me as we speak.
Haha. Yeah, I can see why you may have moved on from her then :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Original, then the slim, then the Pro, then the newest version of the Pro because the original was a jet fighter.

People do this all the time don't they?
Not me. Unless there is a hardware change like there was going to a pro, I could not care less. I mean I may do it if I found someone willing to buy it at a good price and then say the upgrade cost to a new one is around £50 where I also benefit from getting warranty, but that is about it.

Soldato
Ive never had any of the later revisions, since the original playstation i have had my launch day one untill the end, still got my PS3 one as well.

Caporegime
Got to be the ugliest, biggest console of all time. Eeeeeewwwww.

I think the PS3 takes the title being the ugliest one for me.

The PS4 doesn't look that bad, it's not a square box, it has some styling to it which some thought has been put into it, it's just taller than the rest that's all. The XSX is the largest/biggest by volume in both footprint and size. Also, it would be interesting to compare it to the original Xbox 1.

Soldato
Yeah the phat PS3 takes the crown in the fugly contest. I don't mind the PS5 design at all. Looks quite nice stood up.

Demons Souls is a big one for me as it's one of my all time favourites and I haven't used a PS3 in years. Be great to see a remaster and Bluepoint are safe hands based on their previous work. I thought Ratchet and Clank looked very impressive. All in all pretty pleased but there was a lot of filler in the presentation. Still day one for me.

Soldato
I think the PS3 takes the title being the ugliest one for me.

The PS4 doesn't look that bad, it's not a square box, it has some styling to it which some thought has been put into it, it's just taller than the rest that's all. The XSX is the largest/biggest by volume in both footprint and size. Also, it would be interesting to compare it to the original Xbox 1.
How is the series X the largest by volume and size? It's quite a lot smaller than PS5 and is also square. Where as the PS5 is taller and also longer from front to back. So I'd say it has the bigger volume.

Soldato
Not me. Unless there is a hardware change like there was going to a pro, I could not care less. I mean I may do it if I found someone willing to buy it at a good price and then say the upgrade cost to a new one is around £50 where I also benefit from getting warranty, but that is about it.
I always sold the one I had so that offset the cost of the new ones, didn't have a collection going or anything like that. People upgrade their phones every year for a lot more :)

I mean not really.

Launch ps4 and then a pro about 6 months after that launched, sold the launch ps4.
My launch PS4 and first Pro were unbearably loud, seemed sensible to off-load something that totally annoyed me.

Ive never had any of the later revisions, since the original playstation i have had my launch day one untill the end, still got my PS3 one as well.
Fair play!

The price or the design isn't a issue, 600 notes seems about right, upright standing is what I have my pro at and it's white so I win ;)
Price isn't an issue here, but the design and colour is, but I'll totally contradict myself and say I really like the PS4 slim in white...

Back
Top Bottom