• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
They are if they are coming out on ps4 too.

a game build exclusively for next gen is not a ps4 console port.

Hope they releas emore ps5 exclusive next gen only titles
No if a game also come out on PS4 then it is likely a PS4 port of a PS5 game. They will have primarily developed for the PS5 and then downgraded the game so it runs on the PS4.

Unless it was a PS4 game that has then had a patch to run better on PS5.

Soldato

Its a thorough review, I do find the switcher really awkward, closing a game e.g. is too much work vs what it was on my ps4 pro. Shame no comment on no forced SS.

I have also noticed ps4 ff7 remake played from the ps5 is a little less sharper than ps5 ff7 remake, both on same console but latter has slightly less sharp text.

Soldato
Its a thorough review, I do find the switcher really awkward, closing a game e.g. is too much work vs what it was on my ps4 pro. Shame no comment on no forced SS.

I have also noticed ps4 ff7 remake played from the ps5 is a little less sharper than ps5 ff7 remake, both on same console but latter has slightly less sharp text.

Do you have to close the game? I generally just launch another one from the dash. I don't use the switcher. Loading is so much improved that it makes little difference to me.

Soldato
Sony have announced that they've bought Housemarque. I guess Returnal did well enough then! Also possibly Bluepoint but the tweet that went up with the BP logo on it saying 'welcome to the family' has been quickly removed. Could've been a mistake but it would make sense for them to snap them up.

Caporegime
Sony have announced that they've bought Housemarque. I guess Returnal did well enough then! Also possibly Bluepoint but the tweet that went up with the BP logo on it saying 'welcome to the family' has been quickly removed. Could've been a mistake but it would make sense for them to snap them up.

It's a bit sickening reading all the posts (elsewhere) saying "how wonderful Returnal is and Resogun is" and nary a mention of their brilliant other games like Alienation and Nex Machina to name two.

Caporegime
Decent Amazon drop. Grabbed one for a work buddy, will demand some beers before handing it over :D
I don't understand this recent trend of people buying things for their friends/colleagues.

For one, surely it's going to complicate matters if it breaks and needs a warranty claim.

Second, if these people really wanted one why don't they put the effort in themselves, and why is it now the done thing to get someone else to buy it for you...

All I hear about now is, "Bought 6 so far, all for family, friends and people I know."

Is this actually fun for some people, or do they just like the accolades from people who couldn't be arsed to get one for themselves?

Associate
I don't understand this recent trend of people buying things for their friends/colleagues.

For one, surely it's going to complicate matters if it breaks and needs a warranty claim.

Second, if these people really wanted one why don't they put the effort in themselves, and why is it now the done thing to get someone else to buy it for you...

All I hear about now is, "Bought 6 so far, all for family, friends and people I know."

Is this actually fun for some people, or do they just like the accolades from people who couldn't be arsed to get one for themselves?

What an absurd post.

It's called being helpful.

In my scenario when I helped (key word) two of my mates, they work in jobs where they don't have access to a PC or can sit on their phones waiting for the drops to happen. I offered to help because I get a bit of freedom when the drops usually happen on Amazon as it's early in the morning when I get in to work. They also didn't 'get' me to get them one, I offered.

If it breaks, they package it up, give it to me, and I'll send it away under warranty. Again, being helpful.

Nothing to do with the accolades either. It's just being helpful to friends and family.

Yeah, the people who have to mention every 5 minutes that they got umpteen for family and friends are a pain in the arse and are clearly looking for a pat on the back. I couldn't care less about it, I just like being helpful, it's what I do.

Soldato
What an absurd post.

In my scenario when I helped (key word) two of my mates, they work in jobs where they don't have access to a PC or can sit on their phones waiting for the drops to happen. I offered to help because I get a bit of freedom when the drops usually happen on Amazon as it's early in the morning when I get in to work. They also didn't 'get' me to get them one, I offered.

If it breaks, they package it up, give it to me, and I'll send it away under warranty. Again, being helpful.

Nothing to do with the accolades either. It's just being helpful to friends and family.

Yeah, the people who have to mention every 5 minutes that they got umpteen for family and friends are a pain in the arse and are clearly looking for a pat on the back. I couldn't care less about it, I just like being helpful, it's what I do.

Pretty much the same for me, helping out friends who aren't in as a fortunate place to order one.

Feels good to be helpful sometimes. :)

Caporegime

I think this is what @FoxEye meant. Buy 15 of them if you want but we don't need to know that you're giving them to your wife's boyfriend's daughter's cousin. :p

Associate
I'm really pleased that Sony have signed Housemarque, hopefully Returnal 2 or DLC is in the works. I've not even beaten the boss on level one yet but only got to him once, having played for about 6 hours. I'm finally starting to understand all the systems in play and each run I learn something new it's a great game.

Caporegime
I think this is what @FoxEye meant. Buy 15 of them if you want but we don't need to know that you're giving them to your wife's boyfriend's daughter's cousin. :p
That, but it's also irritating to know you're losing out to people buying consoles that aren't even for them.

It's irritating because not only are we competing with the people who are able to sit at their devices all day long, we aren't going to get any whilst those same people are buying for 15 of their mates as well as themselves.

So even tho we are putting some effort in, we're going to be losing out to people who ultimately didn't put any effort in, they just had one delivered on a plate by a friend.

That's annoying. Being frozen out by people who are quick but are just buying one for themselves is one thing. Being frozen out by people who have now taken it upon themselves to get a console for everybody they know is just making me grumpier :p

e: There's also some irony here. At some point, once the scalpers are done, it will be the people buying for friends and family that are chiefly responsible for the ongoing scarcity.

Last edited:
Soldato
What an absurd post.

Isn't absurd though, people buying gpus and consoles for their friends in such high numbers wasnt normal before all the shortages. I think if its legit for non profit purposes then fair enough, but I dont think all of it is legit non profit.

Caporegime
Isn't absurd though, people buying gpus and consoles for their friends in such high numbers wasnt normal before all the shortages. I think if its legit for non profit purposes then fair enough, but I dont think all of it is legit non profit.
Also if everybody who is being "helpful" by buying 15 consoles for their friends and family didn't do that, demand would drop off, stock wouldn't be instantly snapped up, and their friends and family might be able to order one for themselves!

So by being "helpful" they are ensuring the need for their own services. It's somewhat self-defeating.

Back
Top Bottom