• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Sony need to take a good look at their pricing structure for me, with things like Game Pass, EA play, Ubisoft+ kicking about giving a perceived great value deal (Game pass really does feel it, I've just picked up a XSX with GP)

£70 first party titles just feels like a rip off especially if you are using a digital only PS5 and not game sharing, I really enjoyed R&C rift apart but it wasn't worth £70 imo.

That's my feeling. I think if it wasn't for the fact I can rent physical copies of Playstation games via mail order I'd have moved across to Xbox purely for the convenience of the game pass subscription. £10 per month is a lot more manageable than £70 for one game.

Agreed, I can't justify paying £70 for a game unless I can resell it later to recoup some of the cost. Even doing that is an inconvenience I could happily live without.

Caporegime
It does make you wonder who the heck is snapping up all the digital PS5s. They have either bought it willingly knowing they have to pay £70 a game and are doing so, are using it as a decorative ornament whilst waiting for prices to come down or have got the biggest shock of their lives when they browse the PS Store.

I'm the biggest digital proponent going but even I'm waiting to get the disc version and join up to Boomerang. No way I'm paying silly prices this gen.

Soldato
I got £50 back for Returnal and I played it for 60 hours or so. I'm happy with that. So yes the initial outlay is higher but so is the return. For me it's a non issue if you buy physically and sell on. All digital though no chance. I've looked at Boomerang but releases are so thin on the ground it doesn't look worth it to me right now.

Soldato
Yet despite all the moaning and complaining:-
PS5 is still out-selling the Xbox 2:1.
Every single digital PS5 that hits the market is sold
Games sales continue to be on the increase, with the ratio continuing to shift in favour of digital games.
Games wouldn't be releasing at £70 digital if they were not selling.
People buying physical games are not paying £70 at launch - they never were.

So, vocal minority makes it appear one thing, that it isn't - vocal minority confused that the silent majority have made their choice and are just getting on with it.

Soldato
Dropped my ps5 moving it from my bedroom to the lounge. Ripped a panel off, and the stand screw has bent so the stand doesn’t fit right :cry: great start to the week! :p

Soldato
Yet despite all the moaning and complaining:-
PS5 is still out-selling the Xbox 2:1.
Every single digital PS5 that hits the market is sold
Games sales continue to be on the increase, with the ratio continuing to shift in favour of digital games.
Games wouldn't be releasing at £70 digital if they were not selling.

So, vocal minority makes it appear one thing, that it isn't - vocal minority confused that the silent majority have made their choice and are just getting on with it.

I'd like to see the current gen £70 game digital release figures.

There's plenty cheaper to buy (not forgetting the ps+ collection)

We will have to revisit when the £70 releases are coming thick and fast.

Soldato

I paid near enough £70 at PS5 launch for Demons Souls (£65 iirc) as nowhere was discounting it. Likewise returnal even months later is still £60+ new everywhere and £50+ second hand. Demons Souls is still the only PS5 title I've bought, rather than rented, primarily due to the pricing!

It's odd that despite the high launch price discounts just don't seem to be as widely available as you'd expect.

I'd like to see the current gen £70 game digital release figures.

+1 It'd be interesting to see some sales comparison figures for £70 Sony titles of physical Vs digital. I'd be surprised if customers are happy spending £70 on non-resellable digital copies of games. Mind you if you have the digital version of a console I guess that's the choice you made (more expensive games) in return for a cheaper console?

Soldato
+1 It'd be interesting to see some sales comparison figures for £70 Sony titles of physical Vs digital. I'd be surprised if customers are happy spending £70 on non-resellable digital copies of games. Mind you if you have the digital version of a console I guess that's the choice you made (more expensive games) in return for a cheaper console?

I know from my small group 3 have the digital console and none of them have bought a £70 release game yet they are all playing either games they already owned/picked up in a sale or something from the PS+ collection.

They have said they will wait for sales and two of them game share.

Of course they could just be tight lol, but would be interesting to see what the actual sales figures show.

Meanwhile Forza Horizon 5 can be pre-ordered at Smyths Toys for £50 and that's one of Microsofts leading IP's currently. (If it doesn't come to game pass anyway)

Just doesn't scream value for money from Sony.

Associate
Using a combination of vinted, eBay, gumtree, cex and Facebook marketplace I haven't paid over £40 for a game yet I have Returnal, Demon Souls, Assassin's creed, Fenyx, Borderlands 3, Watchdogs Legion, Destiny 2 (with all dlc and season pass) and Division 2.

Another tip to save money is to look for cheap PS4 versions with free upgrades I did this with Division 2, borderlands 3 and Watchdogs.

Caporegime
I know from my small group 3 have the digital console and none of them have bought a £70 release game yet they are all playing either games they already owned/picked up in a sale or something from the PS+ collection.

They have said they will wait for sales and two of them game share.

Of course they could just be tight lol, but would be interesting to see what the actual sales figures show.

Meanwhile Forza Horizon 5 can be pre-ordered at Smyths Toys for £50 and that's one of Microsofts leading IP's currently. (If it doesn't come to game pass anyway)

Just doesn't scream value for money from Sony.

Forza Horizon 5 is launching day one on Game Pass.

Caporegime
In other news I have returned to God of War over the weekend after last playing in December 2019 and wow, all I can say is this game is awesome!

I left it at the point you are trying to get to the top of the mountain so I had to spend a little while just getting used to the combat again and also figuring out the gear upgrades etc but I think I've got a handle on it again now and I am absolutely loving it.

Associate
Hit the hundred hour mark on AC:Valhalla, not finished main story and Wrath of the Druids isnt much better, another 5 hours into that.
England was a mistake, or at least in the way it was presented.
Even with a Samsung 1500nit OLED HDR it's a very grey, brown ish dull looking game. Odyssey was much more interesting to look at, more vibrant and a joy to traverse. I mean I live in England so it's not like I haven't seen all this in a million times via programs, movies etc.
Think I'll leave it and move back to ME1 Legendary Edition, only got one more side quest on that before main mission remaining.

100% they need to change it up again, beit a reset like they didn with Origins (loved it), Odyssey (better RPG elements but never finished final DLC) & Valhalla or simple hub cities only but please Ubisoft don't just trot out a 4th set in ancient China like I've been hearing. This series, this build of AC has reached it's natural end.

Associate
The PS Plus collection is a marvelous collection of games - assuming you don't already own them!
Must say I really enjoy mine as a replacement for the PS4, which I may have to sell on now

Associate
Hit the hundred hour mark on AC:Valhalla, not finished main story and Wrath of the Druids isnt much better, another 5 hours into that.
England was a mistake, or at least in the way it was presented.
Even with a Samsung 1500nit OLED HDR it's a very grey, brown ish dull looking game. Odyssey was much more interesting to look at, more vibrant and a joy to traverse. I mean I live in England so it's not like I haven't seen all this in a million times via programs, movies etc.
Think I'll leave it and move back to ME1 Legendary Edition, only got one more side quest on that before main mission remaining.

100% they need to change it up again, beit a reset like they didn with Origins (loved it), Odyssey (better RPG elements but never finished final DLC) & Valhalla or simple hub cities only but please Ubisoft don't just trot out a 4th set in ancient China like I've been hearing. This series, this build of AC has reached it's natural end.

How is the DLC? I loved Valhalla but by the end of the game my character was a human death machine, making any encounter too easy. So I'm worried that the Dlc might be not as good.

Back
Top Bottom