• UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Ghost of Tsushima Directors cut

If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4:

• You can pre-order an upgrade to Director’s Cut on PS4 for $19.99 USD. This upgrade will become available starting on August 20.
Starting on August 20:

• If you bought Director’s Cut PS4, you’ll be able to upgrade to Director’s Cut PS5 at any time for $9.99 USD
  • You can also upgrade directly (from original Ghost of Tsushima PS4) to Director’s Cut on PS5 for $29.99 USD
Additional details about upgrades will be available at PlayStation Store closer to launch.

**** off Sony you greedy ******** :mad:

Soldato
Any idea what it the directors cut includes yet?

On a side note, with the 3D audio, is it supposed to work with any headphones?

While Director’s Cut players on both PS4 and PS5 will be able to experience the Iki Island content, PlayStation 5 players will have access to a few additional new features.

We’ve heard your feedback about the lack of Japanese lip sync in the original version of Ghost of Tsushima, and it’s something we worked hard to address in this new release. Thanks to the PS5’s ability to render cinematics in real-time, cutscenes in Ghost of Tsushima and on Iki Island on PS5 will now offer lip sync for Japanese voice over.

We’re also happy to confirm that Ghost of Tsushima, Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, and the new Iki Island expansion will all take advantage of haptic feedback and adaptive triggers in the Director’s Cut. There will also be enhancements to 3D audio* on PS5, as well as drastically improved load times, 4K resolution options** and framerates targeting 60 FPS.

Soldato
Just learnt the Greedfall ps plus owners don't get the ps5 update. No problem, wont play it.
If the graphics and fps upgrade was free and I enjoyed the game I could be tempted by DLC. However, this way just means I won't touch it. They aren't a big enough studio to pull stuff like that.

Soldato
Sony need to take a good look at their pricing structure for me, with things like Game Pass, EA play, Ubisoft+ kicking about giving a perceived great value deal (Game pass really does feel it, I've just picked up a XSX with GP)

£70 first party titles just feels like a rip off especially if you are using a digital only PS5 and not game sharing, I really enjoyed R&C rift apart but it wasn't worth £70 imo.

Soldato
Sony need to take a good look at their pricing structure for me, with things like Game Pass, EA play, Ubisoft+ kicking about giving a perceived great value deal (Game pass really does feel it, I've just picked up a XSX with GP)

£70 first party titles just feels like a rip off especially if you are using a digital only PS5 and not game sharing, I really enjoyed R&C rift apart but it wasn't worth £70 imo.

Agree. However due to the time I spend on games, it works better for me just playing one at a time and selling on. That said, I wait for offers because I haven't and won't pay full price for a game. R&C is flooding the second hand market, will be 30 or less in less than a month easily. Patience is key, games don't expire.
I missed my PS5 when I sold it, can't say the same of the SX.

Soldato
Agree. However due to the time I spend on games, it works better for me just playing one at a time and selling on. That said, I wait for offers because I haven't and won't pay full price for a game. R&C is flooding the second hand market, will be 30 or less in less than a month easily. Patience is key, games don't expire.
I missed my PS5 when I sold it, can't say the same of the SX.

I think I'm in a good place going forward (although initial cost has to be factored into this!) Got the disc ps5 and XSX with GP and I tend to sell/trade games in but new releases do make you think twice at the price point and I will only pick up them up if I feel I have the time to put in from the off as I don't want them sitting for months before I finish them due to trade in value which isn't a great mindset to have.

Likely won't be as much of an issue when I've let loads of games pass by and they start to show up on sales but it's that period where new gen games are thin on the ground!

Soldato
People also need start directing anger at other publishers as they're all putting up prices on new gen console games. And EA is now going to start putting adverts in their games and if you watch them you get "free" stuff :rolleyes::mad:

Back
Top Bottom