• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
How is the DLC? I loved Valhalla but by the end of the game my character was a human death machine, making any encounter too easy. So I'm worried that the Dlc might be not as good.

It's fine, not bad or good. It's got pointless fetch/kill quests to pad out the main story you must do: "We must curry favor with the Kings, go do odd jobs for them...".

Cut it in half, charge less and you get a more focused DLC. I feel alittle harsh on Valhalla, as a stand alone game it's just fine but as the 3rd reboot of 'new' AC it's gotten thoroughly flogged to death now.

Soldato
Does anyone else get a lot of notifications about over heating?

First few times I played mine it beeped 3 times then switched off

Now it pops up a splash screen to say "Your PS5 is too hot"

I thought the case design was supposed to be good for air flow?!

Soldato

Can't say I've ever had any such notifications. If your console is in a well ventilated place then it may well need to be replaced.

Soldato

Never heard of that happening, is the fan running loud? I'd be looking to get it replaced I think.

Soldato
What's this I've been hearing with the PS5 having with worst thumbsticks that quickly develop stick drift?

My PS5 may still be too new at this point, but so far no quality issues with my controller, certainly much better quality than my Xbox Series controller.

Soldato
No heat issues here, but I think some people are struggling, there is a few on gamefaqs getting crashing on ff7 remake, with one of them reporting his console gets hot.

Whether its dud units or simply placing it in poor locations is the reason is pure speculation. Remember to put it in a spot with ventilation space, also looking at the design its probably better for cooling if its not standing up.

Caporegime
Also if everybody who is being "helpful" by buying 15 consoles for their friends and family didn't do that, demand would drop off, stock wouldn't be instantly snapped up, and their friends and family might be able to order one for themselves!

So by being "helpful" they are ensuring the need for their own services. It's somewhat self-defeating.

How would demand drop off if people stopped buying them for people who are creating the demand in the first place?

Another brilliant post from Mr salt. Here's a thought. All the time and energy you have wasted on here is that not worth £50 extra to get one off gumtree?

Soldato

Never seen that. My console sits inside a wooden cabinet (although open at the front and back with a small amount of space above the unit) and never really heard the fans ramp up.

Caporegime
Randomly I was on Game and PS5's were available just now.

There was no stock alert via discord (still hasn't been)

I think I managed to bag one with Spider-man and Rachet and Clank.

Edit - Yep, had the confirmation email.

Just got lucky I guess. I haven't even been trying to get one until the last few days

Last edited:
Soldato
I really want to try ordering one, but I've spent a bit on lego this month so my Mrs is already unhappy with me. Wonder if I can justify it for sons birthday in september:cry:.

Associate

I haven't had this issue but one potential solution would be a cheap usb fan. I use one from my TV usb to blow towards me when I'm gaming.

Also try the ps5 in different positions, I think standing vertical is optimal but not too close to the TV.

If it's under warranty and keeps happening I would bite the bullet and send it back to Sony for repair.

Soldato
Randomly I was on Game and PS5's were available just now.

There was no stock alert via discord (still hasn't been)

I think I managed to bag one with Spider-man and Rachet and Clank.

Edit - Yep, had the confirmation email.

Just got lucky I guess. I haven't even been trying to get one until the last few days

Cheers for the heads up there. Just ordered one. Had to get a bundle with a game I don't want, and an additional controller but can sell those.

Back
Top Bottom