1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *The Official PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread*

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by BMox81, 16 Apr 2019.

?

Which PS5 Version will you likely buy?

1. Digital Only Version

155 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. UHD Optical Version

581 vote(s)
    61.1%
  3. Unlikely to buy either

215 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. biron_w

Sgarrista

Press the option button on the game on the dashboard and scroll down to "check game version" (or something like that) and it will show which version you're on. It's a bit of a faff and I think that the Smart Delivery system that Xbox uses is a much better system.

2. ic1male

Caporegime

Couple new patches arrived it seems - Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Sniper Elite 4 both run at 4K60 on PS5 now.

3. pitaylor

Gangster

Thanks, never got around to completing Tomb Raider and this would have completely gone past me.

4. stoofa

Capodecina

PS4 games actually say "PS4" in their description, so if it's just saying the game name - then it's the PS5 version.
    So take "Control" for example, if it says "Control" - you're running the PS5 version as the PS4 version will say "Control PS4".

If you're on about a patch to take advantage of the PS5 rather than a PS5 version (so it gets a performance boost, however can still be played from an external drive) then that is automatically downloaded, so as long as you're fully patched, then you have the performance patch.

The process on the PS5 isn't as difficult as many make out - as long as you're running the latest version of a game, you're automatically running any PS5 performance patch that exists.
    If you're running the PS4 version of a game that has a PS5 version, just select the contents, download the PS5 version and delete the PS4 one.

5. stoofa

Capodecina

Rainforest - PS5 in stock - go

6. darkgen

Mobster

Good luck whoever can get one! Stock still there! :)

7. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Still there!

8. bakes0310

Capodecina

I'll hold off, just checked you need to be a prime member but it's still showing stock.

9. darkgen

Mobster

... and gone!

10. FoxEye

Caporegime

It's going to be a whole 12 months after launch and still many people won't have been able to get one.

When has that ever happened before... And they're still being scalped, and probably still will be in November 2021.

11. Broken Hope

Sgarrista

Yet they just hit 10 million sold and the fastest selling console to date, imagine when they are freely available.

12. Noxia

Sgarrista

Must be 9 million to scalpers and 1m normal buyers according to some.

13. stoofa

Capodecina

Indeed - the fallacies are:

Scalpers have got them all
    Scalpers have got most of them
    Scalpers have got half of them
    Scalpers have got a third of them
    Scalpers have got a significant percentage of them

Last week I secured two consoles (accidentally - I needed one for my brother in law and I planned on cancelling another order but was too late - that has ended up with another relative).
    This morning when I clicked on the alert I could have bought one from Amazon. On Saturday evening there was another alert for Amazon warehouse and when I clicked the link there were 2 "damaged box" PS5 for £15 off.

I'm not using bots, I'm not using anything more advanced than an app on my phone, yet I could have had 4 consoles in the last week.

14. dave28

Wise Guy

Worst launch in history, 10 million have probaly stressed and wasted alot of time trying to get one.

I am just going to wait for the revision with less power consumption that they always do with consoles

15. V F

Capodecina

16. Plainsong

Sgarrista

There was a PS4 drought for a long time after launch. In the end I just traded in my 360 and games for one at CeX because I couldn't get hold of a new one. Such short memories people have.

17. Mint8

Gangster

Well I usually miss out on everything - and I got one at launch. Didnt even need to work hard at it.

18. Plainsong

Sgarrista

Same pre-ordered as soon as they became available and got it day one.

19. V F

Capodecina

Define long time. Back then you could actually click a pre-order button. Today you cannot for the PS5.

20. Plainsong

Sgarrista

Surely pre-order means ordering something before it has been released? This is not that.

I was checking stock informer daily well into the year after launch for both the PS4 and the XB1. Sure, the PS5 may have stretched that out a bit but then it's selling more than the PS4 did at launch and we're in the middle of a pandemic. But to say there has never been stock shortages in the past is nonsense.