Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Soldato
I ordered a 2TB samsung 980 pro with fitted heatsink today

Am hoping this NVMe will fit and work ok in the PS5

I been reading up that the NVMe needs to be able to read or write at 5500mb's or somewhere around this speed to work.

Man of Honour
Soldato
I ordered a 2TB samsung 980 pro with fitted heatsink today

Am hoping this NVMe will fit and work ok in the PS5

I been reading up that the NVMe needs to be able to read or write at 5500mb's or somewhere around this speed to work.

That one will be fine, I've got the 1TB one and it far exceeds the required read/write speeds.

Soldato
Man of Honour
I love these apps.

‘Stray is now available’.

‘Download to console’.

So effortless.

:)

Edit: and just like that it’s ready, I love our new fibre connection.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is the PlayStation Plus app such absolute garbage to use and find stuff on?

I go there looking for Stray. I can see the cat artwork in the background yet I can’t visibly find the game until I actually do a search for it.

6mins left before I annoy the wife with non stop meowing.

Soldato
Interesting, hopefully this will keep the MS Rewards program on its toes. It seem like MS have been winding down Rewards for quite a few months now. Competition is definitely needed.

Seems more like the Nintendo store to me where you could get items with the star points. MSREWARDS is still miles ahead allowing you to redeem against Amazon and John Lewis vouchers for starters.

Soldato
Why is the PlayStation Plus app such absolute garbage to use and find stuff on?

I go there looking for Stray. I can see the cat artwork in the background yet I can’t visibly find the game until I actually do a search for it.

6mins left before I annoy the wife with non stop meowing.
Agree wit you there mate.
did a search for stray, up popped the PS4 version.. Took me another few minutes of scrolling through the horrendous PS+ layout to find the PS5 version.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Just popped a new SSD into the PS5 and they have done a great job making it really easy. All installed in about 1 minute and then the formatting took another 30s. Will be nice to be able to DL games I want to play and not have to worry about juggling storage.

Soldato
Thanks..

I seen in some people reviews on another website that i may have to put it in my PC first to update the firmware to get the faster speeds
The speed test doesn't appear to be 100% accurate - but of course it's numbers on a screen and so begins the test after test to make those numbers bigger and more importantly - bigger than what someone else got :)
Even at the lowest benchmark (on the PS5) speeds, it still exceeds that of the internal storage solution so will be fine.
I have a 2TB Gigabyte Aorus in mine - the day after I bought it Gigabyte released a firmware with the build notes "for full PS5 compatibility". As I'd already installed and started using it I couldn't be bothered to take it out and update. Hasn't missed a beat.

Back
Top Bottom