Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
Any ideas why I can use a Lan Cable for the interent connection?

I 100% know the cable works. Tested it with laptop

The Brand New PS5 slim connects to wifi but wont connect to my home network over lan...

What a complete JOKE!

Just says cant optain IP address in time frame...

Manually added the Connection...Nothing...Still fails...

Any ideas? Or is it a dud?

I had this before on my day 1 ps5 digital.

from memory I restarted my router and my ps5 and that seemed to sort it out.

The second time I had it was because of a duff cable.

I’m guessing you have tried turning things off and on again?

Might also be worth connecting via wifi and making sure you have updated the console software and logged into PSN.

Some decent games on the Extra tier this month, Premium not so much unless you're into Mega Man. Going to try 6 of them myself.

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

Grand Theft Auto V | PS4, PS5
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin | PS4, PS5
Moto GP23 | PS4, PS5
Metal: Hellsinger* | PS4, PS5
Salt and Sacrifice | PS4, PS5
Moonscars | PS4, PS5
Mega Man 11 | PS4
Gigabash | PS4, PS5
Grime | PS4, PS5
Tinykin | PS4, PS5
Prodeus | PS4, PS5
Shadowrun Returns | PS4, PS5
Shadowrun: Dragonfall – Director’s Cut | PS4, PS5
Shadowrun: Hong Kong – Extended Edition | PS4, PS5

PlayStation Premium | Classics

Mega Man Legacy Collection | PS4
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 | PS4
Thrillville | PS4, PS5
Thrillville: Off the Rails | PS4, PS5
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command | PS4, PS5

Last edited:
I had this before on my day 1 ps5 digital.

from memory I restarted my router and my ps5 and that seemed to sort it out.

The second time I had it was because of a duff cable.

I’m guessing you have tried turning things off and on again?

Might also be worth connecting via wifi and making sure you have updated the console software and logged into PSN.
Thanks for this…Because I was never going to use wifi…I didn’t check the update….just wanted to get Lan working direct to my 500mb connection.

So I connected to wifi…did the update….database said it was rebuilt and now it’s working over Lan….

Thanks for your input….i was getting annoyed with it…so wasn’t thinking logically…. :o

Thanks for this…Because I was never going to use wifi…I didn’t check the update….just wanted to get Lan working direct to my 500mb connection.

So I connected to wifi…did the update….database said it was rebuilt and now it’s working over Lan….

Thanks for your input….i was getting annoyed with it…so wasn’t thinking logically…. :o

Great news. Glad you got it sorted.

How does it work….if you download them while subbed does that mean you get access to the game once you stop subbing?
Probaly a stupid question …but I’m all new to this…

You will lose access to all PSN monthly games and extra/premium games once you stop subbing. Only purchased games will be available.

However if you resub, your previous library remains intact so you sort of pick up where you left off.

Obviously available extra/premium titles change over time so titles will become unavailable as Sony refreshes the game catalogue.

You will lose access to all PSN monthly games and extra/premium games once you stop subbing. Only purchased games will be available.

However if you resub, your previous library remains intact so you sort of pick up where you left off.

Obviously available extra/premium titles change over time so titles will become unavailable as Sony refreshes the game catalogue.
Very clear thanks :)

Eh? So if a game appears on sub and I add it to my library I have limited time to play it?

Even when subbed?

Yes. But it’s normally a good long while. Some titles are available for much much shorter periods but most are on for like a year. Some are 6 months. Sony first party titles I think are indefinite but I could be wrong.

As I mentioned the game library updates with newer titles periodically so it works quite well to allow gamers to play different titles over any given year.

Last edited:
Eh? So if a game appears on sub and I add it to my library I have limited time to play it?

Even when subbed?
There are 3 tiers of Plus. Essential, Extra, Premium.

Games you get on the Essential tier (the monthly games) which becomes available on the first Tuesday of every month are available to play forever if you have an active sub and you claimed the games. The catalogue games that you get access to if you have Extra or Premium can and usually do rotate out after a time (similar to Netflix) once they rotate out you no longer have access if you have an active sub or not.

Last edited:
There are 3 tiers of Plus. Essential, Extra, Premium.

Games you get on the Essential tier (the monthly games) which becomes available on the first Tuesday of every month are available to play forever if you have an active sub and you claimed the games. The catalogue games that you get access to if you have Extra or Premium can and usually do rotate out after a time (similar to Netflix) once they rotate out you no longer have access if you have an active sub or not.
On extra…if you claim the game you can still play it? Even if it’s no longer available in the catalogue?

Back
Top Bottom