Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 29 11.9%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 151 62.1%
  • No (other)

Votes: 51 21.0%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 4.9%

• Total voters
Same here. Upgraded my PC to play it, never completed it. Bought on PS4 because it was cheap, never played it. Finally completed it on PS5 whe they released the enhanced version.

Same here. Upgraded my PC to play it, never completed it. Bought on PS4 because it was cheap, never played it. Finally completed it on PS5 whe they released the enhanced version.
Exactly me apart from the PC part. Never completed it on the PS4 but the PS5 patch was good enough for me to finally finish it.

I don’t understand why any one thinks gta6 will come out with pro features as it will of long been in development long before they even got spec of ps5 pro

Because the dev kits will have been in circulation for a while, and it's probably just a compile time option with a tick box to allow it up "scale" to pro hardware.

All that's required is some additional testing/qa to insure it works as expected.

It will get a pro patch at some stage I just don’t think it will be ready for when gta6 launches perhaps

Considering how long gta6 been in development for compared to when ps5 pro was.

I could be wrong of course

I'd fully expect there to be a PS5 Pro version of GTA6 if the console launches this year and GTA6 is next Autumn - if only for that version to just be a higher frame rate (60 vs. capped 30 on the PS5) with everything else the same.

I'd fully expect there to be a PS5 Pro version of GTA6 if the console launches this year and GTA6 is next Autumn - if only for that version to just be a higher frame rate (60 vs. capped 30 on the PS5) with everything else the same.
Indeed, I think a brief grace period was provided for games that launched around the same time as the PS4 Pro but after that it was required that they support it on release; the same will no doubt be true for the PS5 Pro.

Hopefully the Pro is everything those who are looking forward to it want it to be, but for me I think it could easily be skipped this generation. I also can't help but second-guess Sony's commitment to anything that isn't their core product (i.e. the base PS5) after the utterly lacklustre level of support they gave to PSVR2. They're going to need to make some pretty big-hitting first-party announcements to justify the Pro's existence (and price).

Looks cool!

I need to decide when to raise an RMA for dualsense edge as the material they used on the grips is rubbish and it's falling apart.

Figure I have a year from when I got it last November so I may as well run it as long as I can, maybe a new revision will appear if I'm lucky.

Last edited:
That looks fantastic. I really need to get back into that first game!

Speaking of controllers, does anyone know if larger batteries exist for the dualsense controller? Are they easy to install? I've not looked at teardowns yet but my initial controller that came with the console might as well be perma-connected to USB-C because the battery life is dire. I do have a spare one but I'm too lazy to play the swapping controllers game.

There is a dualsense V2 I believe. My newest one that came with my slim PlayStation lasts a lot longer than my older blue controller. As for third party batteries I’m not too sure !

Back
Top Bottom