Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 29 11.9%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 151 62.1%
  • No (other)

Votes: 51 21.0%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 4.9%

• Total voters
If we end up with a PS5 Pro releasing this year, does anyone here think they'll upgrade to one? Or is it a case of waiting and seeing what added improvements it comes with?

I do think I'm increasingly likely to pick one up - just based on how much I find myself using my current PS5 now even over my relatively nice PC build. The convenience of console gaming really can't be beaten.
Yep, I'm even holding back on a few games to get the benefit, I can always use the old PS5 in the spare room...so double bubble :)

I have moved away from console gaming more into PC though (since upgrading to a 3070 and then a 4070 super), I generally use the consoles for particular types of games and exclusives only now.

If we end up with a PS5 Pro releasing this year, does anyone here think they'll upgrade to one? Or is it a case of waiting and seeing what added improvements it comes with?

I do think I'm increasingly likely to pick one up - just based on how much I find myself using my current PS5 now even over my relatively nice PC build. The convenience of console gaming really can't be beaten.
Nope. Never do the Pros, tend to switch to PC and get a GPU upgrade around that time (long overdue).

Personally I think very few games have taxed the PS5 as it is, the only graphics I've been impressed with so far have been HFW/Burning shores.

Yet to see whether the PS5 upgrades for PS4 games are like to be fair but of new games, well, I've not been blown away.

Not upgrading. Most of my gaming now is esports multiplayer games and indies on pc. Most of my most wanted games this year are indie games that I'll get on pc. The odd playstation exclusives that I'm interested in aren't enough to make me upgrade and £60-70 for a game is a joke anyway. Stuff doesn't even go down anymore, Stellar blade is still £60 (unless I've missed a deal).

AC Mirage, Jedi Survivor, Dead Space were my last three purchases and all were in the twenty odd quid region. They've been out a while though

Stellar Blade is only three months old, not surprised they're still milking it.

I suppose it's more accurate to say not as fast then :(. Games seemed like they used to drop much quicker, 3 months would have been enough for a decent discount in the past.

From the leaks that have been discussed on DF and elsewhere, I don't think the PS5 Pro will represent that big a leap in performance. And I could care less about some additional ray tracing features. Plus, what games are coming out between now and the eventual P6 to justify a mid-gen upgrade ? We know from the Insomiac leaks what's coming down the pipeline for the next 8 years ... and it's not a lot. A few more superhero games and live service junk like Concord. GTA6 will push some people to buy a PS5 Pro ... but that's still at least 1 yr + away.

So all things considered, I'm probably not going to get a PS5 Pro. I can wait until the PS6 ... and depending on Sony's strategy with PC releases I may not even get that particularly if the delay for 1st party titles is 6 months or less on Steam.

I've given up on Xbox ... won't be getting the next one. Will definitely pick up Switch 2 ... my future will be PC and Switch I think.

Last edited:
I’ve given up on Xbox as well. Switch 2 and whatever Sony do is plenty for me. Cba with PC anymore that’s dead to me.
TBH I haven't gamed on my pc since GPU prices went mental.

Even after they settled at the new highs I went from my PS4 slim to the PS5 slim. I was going to do it anyway but it was cheaper than a GPU I'd upgrade to.

Plus picking up the controller on my sofa is a lot closer than two flights of stairs to my loft where the pc is. :)

Last edited:
Visions of Mana demo is out if anyone had their eye on it, for PC as well as PS5.

One I'm planning to try probably tonight!

Feel free to try this one out but I am disappointed with this demo and won't be buying the full release. At least I got to try it out with the demo.

Granblue Fantasy: Relink was far better as far as similar games go.

I went into that demo and knew I wanted to buy it and play the game, this one feels far too cutesy, the general gameplay/world/combat feels basic by comparison.

Feel free to try this one out but I am disappointed with this demo and won't be buying the full release. At least I got to try it out with the demo.

Granblue Fantasy: Relink was far better as far as similar games go.

I went into that demo and knew I wanted to buy it and play the game, this one feels far too cutesy, the general gameplay/world/combat feels basic by comparison.
Hmm, doesn't sound great. Will try the demo when I'm feeling a bit better ( from Covid ). Granblue Fantasy: Relink was amazing.

Hmm, doesn't sound great. Will try the demo when I'm feeling a bit better ( from Covid ). Granblue Fantasy: Relink was amazing.

It really was, I finished that demo and 100% knew I was buying it. This game though it's missing the care/attention/passion that Granblue clearly had.

I'm cool with a good campaign and Granblue was still good even without the monster hunter-esque endgame, but even ignoring that the game just feels lacklustre to me.

Welcome your opinion once you've had a chance to try it!

Just fitted a WD Black 2TB NVM SSD (link below) to the PS5 and my storage problems are now in the past :)

With the standard 680gb odd of storage on my machine I only had room for a few of big games (Gran Tourismo 7 Fallout 76) and a few smaller games such as Hunter Call of the Wild and Talos Principle. Even then I had an update error with not enough room to install a Fallout 76 update.

Now I have a ton of games on the WD Black which is not yet half full, and the OEM storage is nearly empty.

Hopefully that's me set up for big games like GTA6.

Just fitted a WD Black 2TB NVM SSD (link below) to the PS5 and my storage problems are now in the past :)
Yeah, it's definitely lovely not having to worry about storage space at all. I bought F1 24 and the F1 manager game at the weekend, around 100GB in total for both games and I didn't have to think about removing games etc. because of the 2TB of extra storage.

I default every game download to the M.2 storage and then just move a few of the the primary games across to the main drive every now and again - but I've got about 10/12 games installed and it's ideal.

Yeah, it's definitely lovely not having to worry about storage space at all. I bought F1 24 and the F1 manager game at the weekend, around 100GB in total for both games and I didn't have to think about removing games etc. because of the 2TB of extra storage.

I default every game download to the M.2 storage and then just move a few of the the primary games across to the main drive every now and again - but I've got about 10/12 games installed and it's ideal.

I tend to play all games from the M.2 storage, though I still got plenty of space free, I guess there isn't any benefit playing from the internal drives or vice versa though?

Back
Top Bottom