Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 29 11.9%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 151 62.1%
  • No (other)

Votes: 51 21.0%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 4.9%

• Total voters
I tend to play all games from the M.2 storage, though I still got plenty of space free, I guess there isn't any benefit playing from the internal drives or vice versa though?
I don't know the specs of the Sony onboard storage, but when running Hitman 3 from the WD Black the load time does seem noticeably quicker than before, but I can't be certain as I had to remove it 6mths ago to make room.

I have some games on the internal storage but generally I try to leave it as clear as possible, I know from previously having an SSD in my PS4 Pro that the constant game capture recording results in a massive amount of writing to the SSD, and while I'm sure Sony will have designed it with that in mind, at least installing games/updates to the M.2 drive mitigates some of that wear.

I tend to play all games from the M.2 storage, though I still got plenty of space free, I guess there isn't any benefit playing from the internal drives or vice versa though?
No - both will offer you the exact same performance - that of the internal storage solution.
That's why, when sourcing an nVME for the PS5, shop by price over performance (so long as it meets the minimum requirements of course), as they will all perform the same.

Definitely getting the Pro here. It's my main console and I spend a lot of time on it so even a small upgrade will be value for money over the next few years.

I hope the design is less weird and more square though.

I’ve given up on Xbox as well. Switch 2 and whatever Sony do is plenty for me. Cba with PC anymore that’s dead to me.
I think XBOX is finished unless they pull an Xbox 360 move. It's just boring. The dashboard has been the same since 360 days,it doesn't feel like a new console (series I mean) At least sony made a new dashboard. I dunno, maybe I'm just jaded.

Definitely getting the Pro here. It's my main console and I spend a lot of time on it so even a small upgrade will be value for money over the next few years.

I hope the design is less weird and more square though.
I'll most likely wait as I bought a PS4 Pro and it sits behind me now barely used. I did get a ton of RDR2 and Horizon ZD1 use on it but it was rarely tapped into by developers. I'd be interested in how developers utilise the 'Pro' once it arrives because I can see the exact same thing happening. It's all about the devs.

I think XBOX is finished unless they pull an Xbox 360 move. It's just boring. The dashboard has been the same since 360 days,it doesn't feel like a new console (series I mean) At least sony made a new dashboard. I dunno, maybe I'm just jaded.
I still own my 360 and have it connected, the dash isnt the same. :)

I also would have preferred if sony didnt change the dash as all the themes I had on my ps4 pro cant be used anymore, and I think the PS4 dash was better overall as well.

I have some games on the internal storage but generally I try to leave it as clear as possible, I know from previously having an SSD in my PS4 Pro that the constant game capture recording results in a massive amount of writing to the SSD, and while I'm sure Sony will have designed it with that in mind, at least installing games/updates to the M.2 drive mitigates some of that wear.
Yeah M.2 is the main gaming drive for me, also the default download location, I still have 2 or 3 games on the built in drive, but rest is on M.2 (with some which I know wont touch for a while on USB attached spindle).

I still own my 360 and have it connected, the dash isnt the same. :)

I also would have preferred if sony didnt change the dash as all the themes I had on my ps4 pro cant be used anymore, and I think the PS4 dash was better overall as well.
By 360 move,I mean creating a console that is cool to look at and is actually attractive to the consumer. I remember reading about the 360 in magazines before it was released and it looked cool as ****. Everyone was buzzing about it. Even the controller was ace. Then when I played Gears Of War I was hooked. I miss those moments.

By 360 move,I mean creating a console that is cool to look at and is actually attractive to the consumer. I remember reading about the 360 in magazines before it was released and it looked cool as ****. Everyone was buzzing about it. Even the controller was ace. Then when I played Gears Of War I was hooked. I miss those moments.
I think it was just an overall better era then for gaming. Everything was more exciting. More risks were taken with game design and so forth.

I deffo prefer the 360 controller to the Series controller.

It really was, I finished that demo and 100% knew I was buying it. This game though it's missing the care/attention/passion that Granblue clearly had.

I'm cool with a good campaign and Granblue was still good even without the monster hunter-esque endgame, but even ignoring that the game just feels lacklustre to me.

Welcome your opinion once you've had a chance to try it!
So, I tried the demo this weekend and wasn't particularly impressed. The art is clean & whimsical ( in keeping with the Mana series ) but the frame rate feels choppy even on performance mode. I found the camera, FOV and controls "clunky" and a bit constraining. Combat doesn't have the same fluidity as in Granblue. In fact, this demo feels like a lower budget version of that game.

Overall, it's not a bad game, but I don't think I'll be picking it up especially with the likes of Space Marines 2, Black Myth : Wukong, Metaphor : Refantazio, Indiana Jones and the new Zelda game on the horizon. Can't see this being a massive commercial success for SquareENIX.

So, I tried the demo this weekend and wasn't particularly impressed. The art is clean & whimsical ( in keeping with the Mana series ) but the frame rate feels choppy even on performance mode. I found the camera, FOV and controls "clunky" and a bit constraining. Combat doesn't have the same fluidity as in Granblue. In fact, this demo feels like a lower budget version of that game.

Overall, it's not a bad game, but I don't think I'll be picking it up especially with the likes of Space Marines 2, Black Myth : Wukong, Metaphor : Refantazio, Indiana Jones and the new Zelda game on the horizon. Can't see this being a massive commercial success for SquareENIX.

Yeah I didn't think I'd wind up hating it if I bought it, but I just found it very basic and underwhelming especially compared top how good Granblue was.

The character designs and things felt too cutesy to me as well, feels like it's aimed at a much younger audience than even Granblue was.

Interested in most of the games you mentioned as well :)

Last edited:
Placed it back and doesn’t boot, so m.2 drive is the cause, not sure what to do, I’ve only got a few games installed on it, if I sent it back would someone else be able to play the games?, not that someone would.
In theory no, the data on the M.2 should be locked to the console/user account.

Not got a PC to plug it into and run the manufacturer diagnostics?

Back
Top Bottom