Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
Had first couple of lock ups today in Spider-Man. First one game just froze and went back to Home Screen, second console locked up completely and powered off.

Are there still issues with rest mode or have these been sorted now?
Mine has been in rest mode loads of times without issue, infact I've had power issues the last few days which has caused the PS5 to lose power while in rest too and other than the usual database rebuild and warnings when it starts up, I've had no problems

Had first couple of lock ups today in Spider-Man. First one game just froze and went back to Home Screen, second console locked up completely and powered off.

Are there still issues with rest mode or have these been sorted now?

There never was an issue with rest mode or external drives. A few vocal people have faulty consoles - they have decided the fix is to not use rest mode or an external drive rather than sending it away for replacement.
As always, those with problems will always be most vocal. However, when you consider there are 3.2m PS5's in the wild, there are only very few people reporting any kind of problem.

Not been able to find a retail Pulse 3d for weeks now - worse than the console itself - at least that gets restocked now and again.

What you on about - Argos Holyhead have it in stock right now for click & reserve :)
Aye, know what you mean. I had the opportunity to grab it same day I pre-ordered my PS5, however at the time wasn't sure if I wanted it or not.
Hindsight of course, should have pre-ordered as I could always have cancelled.

What you on about - Argos Holyhead have it in stock right now for click & reserve :)

Ha, I saw that too, shows how many people must be checking regularly. Annoyingly I saw one in stock in Bath but just thought "oh, if it's there then stock levels must be improving" so didn't buy. Only a 20 min drive away and OH works there. Know now just to pull the trigger when I get the chance.

There never was an issue with rest mode or external drives. A few vocal people have faulty consoles - they have decided the fix is to not use rest mode or an external drive rather than sending it away for replacement.
As always, those with problems will always be most vocal. However, when you consider there are 3.2m PS5's in the wild, there are only very few people reporting any kind of problem.

I've had more weird issues with an external drive connected than without, as have many others. They're not all faulty consoles.

My ps5 is pretty solid now, no complaints. One of the updates must have fixed my issues

just waiting to be able to use an ssd now, got a Samsung 980 pro waiting to go in

So another issue I seem to be having and seems to be getting worse is flickering to a black screen for about 2-3 secs. TV is a Samsung KS7500 and it’s been fine for gaming from PS3-XBOne-One X and now PS5, but last month or so my One X started doing it and now the PS5 seems to be doing every day for last few days.

Anyone else had anything similar? Tried different hdmi sockets/cables but nothing, thought it may have been Cyberpunk on the Xbox but tried different games in the PS5 and it’s done it on all of them.

I've had more weird issues with an external drive connected than without, as have many others. They're not all faulty consoles.
"Many" - how are you defining many?
Do you think you've seen around 32k people with the issue? That would be about 1% of the PS5's in the wild. Less?
What makes you think this isn't a hardware issue?
Because if the PS5 was having general issues with external drives, then it would be an issue for everyone right? All these consoles are running the same software?

You're making the mistake of taking the vocal minority and seeing anything more than a very small minority. If most people with external HDs are not having any issues, however a few are - then where are you pointing the finger of suspicion?

So another issue I seem to be having and seems to be getting worse is flickering to a black screen for about 2-3 secs. TV is a Samsung KS7500 and it’s been fine for gaming from PS3-XBOne-One X and now PS5, but last month or so my One X started doing it and now the PS5 seems to be doing every day for last few days.

Anyone else had anything similar? Tried different hdmi sockets/cables but nothing, thought it may have been Cyberpunk on the Xbox but tried different games in the PS5 and it’s done it on all of them.

Hey Proc,

My mate mentioned he had this on his, he spoke with Sony and due a replacement.....

Hey Proc,

My mate mentioned he had this on his, he spoke with Sony and due a replacement.....

Hmm was hoping not to have to go down that route, looking online it seems to be more of an issue with Samsung tv’s. But if it carries on may have to contact them.

I’ve been looking for an excuse with the missus to buy an OLED, this may be it lol.

Hmm was hoping not to have to go down that route, looking online it seems to be more of an issue with Samsung tv’s. But if it carries on may have to contact them.

I’ve been looking for an excuse with the missus to buy an OLED, this may be it lol.

I had this issue on PS4 Pro and PS5, KS7000. Some days it wouldn't do it and other days it was rampant. It is as you described but usually for like 1s and I think sound cut off too. There are a number of people with the same TV's we had with this issue, changing cables made no difference.
I had enough and decided to get an LG CX, it hasn't happened once.
I suspect having the console exchanged is just a result of the support not knowing what the issue is and trying the easy option. I am convinced it would be the same with a new console and if anything mine is proof that a tv changed solved it.
If you are able to get the new tv anyway go for it, I'd be willing to bet you won't experience that issue again.

I had this issue on PS4 Pro and PS5, KS7000. Some days it wouldn't do it and other days it was rampant.

I have the same random black screen issue on my PS4 Pro and KS8000. My easy solution is just to pull the HDMI out of the Hub you get with the TV and plug it back in. No more black screen for that session.
Does seem to affect people with Samsung TVs!

I have the same random black screen issue on my PS4 Pro and KS8000. My easy solution is just to pull the HDMI out of the Hub you get with the TV and plug it back in. No more black screen for that session.
Does seem to affect people with Samsung TVs!

I spent hours trying to fix it. People said use RGB not the other setting on the PS4 and it lessened it somewhat but others reported the opposite. When it happened in the PS5 I decided enough was enough. Though really it was @Plainsong who passively pressured me into getting the CX.

Back
Top Bottom