Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
Lol passively or not I am glad you are getting on with it!

Yep love it. So much so that I'm not even getting fomo about the next models or any new tv tech.

Been trying to play NMS today but I keep getting the game freeze. I can exit through the PS Menu but the game was doing it a lot. It's a shame about the texture pop in too, hopefully they can fix that.

Yep love it. So much so that I'm not even getting fomo about the next models or any new tv tech.

Been trying to play NMS today but I keep getting the game freeze. I can exit through the PS Menu but the game was doing it a lot. It's a shame about the texture pop in too, hopefully they can fix that.

FOMO same here. It's so good that I am quite content with what I have.

I tried NMS to see what upgrades there were on the PS5 and I just can't get into it. Played it to death on release for 3 weeks or so. I didn't notice any issues with it though I only played it for around 2 hours or so on the week of the PS5 release.

FOMO same here. It's so good that I am quite content with what I have.

I tried NMS to see what upgrades there were on the PS5 and I just can't get into it. Played it to death on release for 3 weeks or so. I didn't notice any issues with it though I only played it for around 2 hours or so on the week of the PS5 release.

I reset the console and hasn't happened in over an hour now.

Someone suggested turning off hdcp in settings, tried it and it has helped a bit but the problem still persists.

As much as the wife won’t like it, but I think it’s new TV time. :D

Because if the PS5 was having general issues with external drives, then it would be an issue for everyone right? All these consoles are running the same software?

No, for the same reason that some people (myself included) couldn't charge their controllers in rest mode while others could, until a software update fixed it.

Just because you're not having any problems doesn't mean anyone who is having issues needs to return their console. These are bugs and compatibility issues, not all-out hardware failures.

I have a Samsung KS series TV. My tv used to blink a black screen for a second or two occasionally. I bought all new cables (a three pack of hdmi) and havent had a problem since. The old cables were the Amazon basics, so maybe quality wasn’t quite up to scratch.

Warranty would be interesting as there modding normal ps5 itself so its not Sony making it.
Its being painted, so shouldn't affect the warranty imo.

Info from the FAQs
Will I still have a standard warranty from Sony?
Since the DualSense controller is disassembled as part of the conversion process, it’s safe to assume that Sony will not provide standard warranty coverage for the Retro Inspired DualSense controllers.

Consoles, however, are not disassembled as part of the conversion process, so we don’t expect you’ll have any issues with warranty service for your console through Sony.

I have a Samsung KS series TV. My tv used to blink a black screen for a second or two occasionally. I bought all new cables (a three pack of hdmi) and havent had a problem since. The old cables were the Amazon basics, so maybe quality wasn’t quite up to scratch.

black screen will be the EDID handshake. itsnprobably the TV that caused the black screen

good news boyz.. ps5 replacement came back to me today with DPD :D it was from the returns company cyleon where i sent it to...just the console in a box no free games or anything and i already had the cables, its working fine so far. and its definitely a replacement as the serial no,. is different :)

good news boyz.. ps5 replacement came back to me today with DPD :D it was from the returns company cyleon where i sent it to...just the console in a box no free games or anything and i already had the cables, its working fine so far. and its definitely a replacement as the serial no,. is different :)
Great news! That’s a fairly fast turnaround too, especially bearing in mind the time of year.

just a heads up..put watchdogs legion ps4 disk in clicked on the free upgrade thing on the menu and it installed and downloaded updated and i thought i was playing ps5 version but i wasnt it was ps4 version. took the disk out then choose to play the game and it asked me what version, chose the ps5 one and it downloaded another 37gb update and installed. and when i go to game info on the game incon i can choose which version to play ps4 or ps5. hope this helps anyone

just a heads up..put watchdogs legion ps4 disk in clicked on the free upgrade thing on the menu and it installed and downloaded updated and i thought i was playing ps5 version but i wasnt it was ps4 version. took the disk out then choose to play the game and it asked me what version, chose the ps5 one and it downloaded another 37gb update and installed. and when i go to game info on the game incon i can choose which version to play ps4 or ps5. hope this helps anyone

You can delete the PS4 version, they're two separate games.

Back
Top Bottom