Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
Anyone else had the internal spring break for the R2 trigger break on their controller.
It seems a fairly common issue and I'm quite disappointed given that I do look after my gear so it's broken under little usage.
I've got little faith it wouldn't happen again so I'm even tempted to return the console and wait for a new revision

Happened to me last night playing Maneater.

I'm also very careful with my equipment, then felt it go and click, nothing appears to have fallen out but it's gone limp...

Not sure what to do now, it's still working but feels awful, and R2 is a predominantly used trigger.

Obviously no brick and mortar stores to return it to, even then, mine was BT Shop anyway.

Worth going back to retailer or direct to SONY?

Took a PS4 controller back to Currys the other day, they're still duty bound to accept returns...

The likelihood of a replacement, is the issue, and as such I'd probably go direct to Sony if you don't have a 2nd controller.

The likelihood of a replacement, is the issue, and as such I'd probably go direct to Sony if you don't have a 2nd controller.

Cheers, I've messaged them on Twitter so will see what the best protocol is.

I don't have a 2nd controller and, unfortunately, I've lost confidence in the controller as a product as a result. I don't understand where their R&D was as I'm ultra careful with my tech, it hasn't been abused, it's not been used excessively (think I'm on roughly 80 hours of gaming, at most).

Cheers, I've messaged them on Twitter so will see what the best protocol is.

I don't have a 2nd controller and, unfortunately, I've lost confidence in the controller as a product as a result. I don't understand where their R&D was as I'm ultra careful with my tech, it hasn't been abused, it's not been used excessively (think I'm on roughly 80 hours of gaming, at most).

I think the durability of said components was a valid concern before we even got our hands on them.

I think the durability of said components was a valid concern before we even got our hands on them.

Yeah, no doubt - create more complexity, create more problems. Made a right horrible clicking noise when it broke.

The R2 button still operates, but it's just limp as a dead fish. Feels horrible in the... finger :D

It's strange because it was a common occurence with the DS4 controller as well.

It's totally different though? Or do you mean the DS4 had a completely unrelated issue also with the triggers? I never had one, just the rubber peeling on stick
Yeah, no doubt - create more complexity, create more problems. Made a right horrible clicking noise when it broke.

The R2 button still operates, but it's just limp as a dead fish. Feels horrible in the... finger :D

Nobody likes a limp thing on the finger.

It's totally different though? Or do you mean the DS4 had a completely unrelated issue also with the triggers? I never had one, just the rubber peeling on stick

Nah, R2 spring snapped in two DS4 controllers I had. I remember googling it at the time and the forums and likes of Reddit were full of similar stories.

Nah, R2 spring snapped in two DS4 controllers I had. I remember googling it at the time and the forums and likes of Reddit were full of similar stories.

Oh yeah well the spring was tiny. I presumed this would be a different mechanism due to the adaptive triggers, there has to be something else going on in there.

My dualsense charger just turned up. Glad to have finally got one.

Getting a ps5 today is it easy to copy your data over from base ps4?

Also whats best to play first? :D

Games are stored on an external HD will this just work with the ps5? i understand you can't play ps5 games from external source currently.

Ah yeah, it probably is but still a similar outcome. You would have thought they would have rigirously tested the triggers for breakage.

Yes it does baffle me sometimes when you get multiple reports of some issue that wasn't picked up. Or, more likely it was but they decided it was cheaper to replace ones that do fail than redesign anything. Unrelated but I randomly saw something the other day and now I understand what your username is.

Getting a ps5 today is it easy to copy your data over from base ps4?

Also whats best to play first? :D

Games are stored on an external HD will this just work with the ps5? i understand you can't play ps5 games from external source currently.

Correct you cannot currently store PS5 games externally. Can't answer the others but surely you know what kind of games you like and thus are best placed to know what to play first :)

What is the general consensus on stock currently. I would like a PS5 but am not desperate, will we see decent availability by March, or has the COVID continuation scuppered that?

Supposedly a large shipment was due to arrive this week some point. How large, we don't know, of course. And as for when we'll see decent availability? May as well ask a magic 8 ball. Nobody knows.

Back
Top Bottom