Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
Rumoured to be in the next day or two according to a few sites on Twitter, but I take it with a pinch of salt. It was available for about 3 minutes a couple of nights ago on Smyths, but scalpers with bots claimed the majority of them :(

LOL - the old "I didn't manage to get a console, so it was scalpers and bots who got them all".
Or....with the massive demand at the moment, unfortunately you just weren't quick enough to secure one and the few they did get in are currently in the hands of other people....in the exact same position as you, looking for a console.

LOL - the old "I didn't manage to get a console, so it was scalpers and bots who got them all".
Or....with the massive demand at the moment, unfortunately you just weren't quick enough to secure one and the few they did get in are currently in the hands of other people....in the exact same position as you, looking for a console.
Have you seen how many brand new ones are for sale on eBay? One things for certain, the scalping market for them is still going strong

I've been using my PS5 since launch day and I'll be honest - it hasn't missed a beat. I've been using an external drive, I've been using rest mode and it has just behaved itself.
I have put a stupid amount of hours into Valhalla, loads of hours into Watch Dogs Legion and even a load into Bugsnax :)
I've played a lot of PS4 games as well, mainly from the external drive and the system is yet to hang, crash or do anything it isn't supposed to.

Last night I eventually fired up Miles Morales - within the first half an hour I had my first crash, to the point where the entire console locked up and powered down. On coming back up it went through a database rebuild.
Game crashed again a while later, however that felt like a regular game crash, however then I got another hard lock at a "dinner" cut scene, once more taking the console down.

I stopped playing at this point, fired up Sackboy and put a couple of hours into that without a single glitch or error.

It's just so weird. There are plenty of people saying Miles Morales is not an issue and they have played the entire game without a single problem, glitch or crash. Here I am with what was a 100% reliable, never crashes console - and over about a 90 minute period, I suffer three crashes, two to the point of the console powering down.

Stock went live on John Lewis for all of 30 seconds. Physically couldn't click quick enough to buy one before the scalping software

Queue for Game is now over an hour

I give up, putting in this much effort to spend £450 is stupid.

My experience with the PS5 has been mostly flawless. I haven't spent too much time on native PS5 titles, though.

However, I have one weird issue where occasionally when I go to turn it on (From Rest Mode) via the controller the PS5 doesn't turn on. I instead need to press the power button on the console not once, but twice.

Last night I eventually fired up Miles Morales - within the first half an hour I had my first crash, to the point where the entire console locked up and powered down. On coming back up it went through a database rebuild.
Game crashed again a while later, however that felt like a regular game crash, however then I got another hard lock at a "dinner" cut scene, once more taking the console down.

Same, loads of issues with MM, after 15 or so hours of main story I think it hard locked three times, and other glitches/bugs sprinkled throughout.

I don't know if it's well documented or not, but seems to have been given a free pass when opposed to Cyberpunk...

I had one issue with MM but I think that was down to rest mode. Started the console back up after being in rest mode and the audio totally crapped out at the beginning of the game, restarting the game sorted it and ran flawlessly after that.

To compare the problems of MM with Cyberpunk may be a tad extreme...

Stock went live on John Lewis for all of 30 seconds. Physically couldn't click quick enough to buy one before the scalping software

Queue for Game is now over an hour

I give up, putting in this much effort to spend £450 is stupid.
Keep an eye on studio.co.uk

That's where I got mine from and they seem to be able to hold onto stock a little bit longer than elsewhere.

I'm going to go back to it this evening - heard talk that Performance mode seems to be a good choice (I was using Performance RT).
Big fan of Spider-Man, so really do want to play this through, even thought it is so much shorter than the original game.

Saying that, after a couple of hours of Sackboy I'm kinda addicted there, so may play through that before :)

To compare the problems of MM with Cyberpunk may be a tad extreme...

Perhaps - but type Cyperbunk glitches into google, and the results are more than 15x that of a similar search for MM.

Does Cyperpunk lock the console? I can only speak anecdotally, but it speaks volumes for my partner to notice and get frustrated by the locks/glitches in MM.

I'm not saying Cyperpunk isn't worse, perhaps even considerably worse, but that game got shot down in flames for the issues with development, and nary a bad word spoken of MM.

I'd love to know the intricacies of how a piece of software (supposedly running in a protected environment) can bring down the entire system so that it hard locks. It should never happen on a gaming console. But then again, all code has errors and is never 100% foolproof.

I'd love to know the intricacies of how a piece of software (supposedly running in a protected environment) can bring down the entire system so that it hard locks. It should never happen on a gaming console. But then again, all code has errors and is never 100% foolproof.

Couldn't agree with you more - it should simply not be allowed to happen.
If the game had crashed, even failing to give an error code, I could live with it to a degree.
But for the whole console to hard lock before watching the console power-down and then go through it's repair process on boot-up was worrying.
For that to also happen to more than one user says there is something wrong with the game, but Insomniac don't appear to be acknowledging it.

Have you seen how many brand new ones are for sale on eBay? One things for certain, the scalping market for them is still going strong

There was an article in the news about a month ago that was detailing just how many adverts for PS5's had appeared on ebay. It made up around 0.3% of the entire number of PS5's that had been sold.

Back
Top Bottom