Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
You say buy the app but I assume it's free. I've not actually used it on my phone, but it works pretty good on my pc.
The official app is, but as I said you can't use controllers with it, neither dualsense or stuff like razer kishi, there's a £5 app called PSPlay which is supposed to be miles better but unfortunately can't test it myself

Hey guys. Starting to think about getting a PS5 to upgrade our PS4 Pro though it's not essential at the moment. Are there any news if there will be an updated PS5 ie Pro like they did with PS4? There seem to be some rumours about it but do you think it's likely?
It's highly likely I recommend looking at Redtech gaming on YouTube for leaked news on ps5 pro. Digital Foundry have also released a youtube video about ps5 pro leaked specs. Earliest release is probably not until Xmas next year and more likely to be even later.

Last edited:
Pretty much, generally never pre order digital games for obvious reasons, but lack of physical release and how good game looked sold me on it
Larian really had no need to stoop this low, they have made a sht ton of money. It's not like they have 'evil' investors to answer too.

Last edited:
The official app is, but as I said you can't use controllers with it, neither dualsense or stuff like razer kishi, there's a £5 app called PSPlay which is supposed to be miles better but unfortunately can't test it myself
How strange. I was thinking how you would connect a controller (I assume Bluetooth), but not sure why the official app won't support them.

One thing I really appreciate with the PS5 is both the lower heat output and the noise compared to the PS4 - but also compared to my PC (in terms of heat, my PC is also nice and quiet).

The PS5 is whisper quiet in comparison to the jet engine PS4 which is brilliant, I genuinely considered putting my PS4 in a different room at times and running a longer cable...

In terms of the heat output, my PC is great for airflow but it basically means every bit of heat is exhausted out of the top/back/everywhere so the room I'm in gets very toasty. It's been nice and sunny here - and Saturday evening I was playing some Starfield and I just kept getting warmer and warmer. Ended up calling it a day after about 1h30 of playing - then last night I was playing some F1 23 on my PS5 and the difference was actually noticeable.

I can feel that it's warm out the back of the PS5 but the amount of heat being pushed out compared to my PC is massively reduced, made it much more pleasant to sit and play a few races in the same amount of time playing.

I've preordered the Portal - it's got a lot of hate, but I'll use it a lot for playing in different rooms/garden or if the missus is watching TV or playing PS4/Switch. I like that it's self-contained with PS5 controller built in, rather than faffing with a mobile and seperate pad.
A Vita 2 would have been nicer, but that's never gonna happen!

I've preordered the Portal - it's got a lot of hate, but I'll use it a lot for playing in different rooms/garden or if the missus is watching TV or playing PS4/Switch. I like that it's self-contained with PS5 controller built in, rather than faffing with a mobile and seperate pad.
I didn't think pre order was still possible on it

That's sort of my reasoning for pre-ordering one as my PS5 lives upstairs in the study/office.

Once my daughter goes to bed, my wife and I tend to hang about on the sofa and I'm not overly interested in TV shows outside of a few per year (Ted Lasso, Shrinking etc.) so I tend to watch junk on my iPad or I go upstairs and play games for a few hours. The Portal means I can spend the evening on the sofa with my wife still but happily crack away at some games.

Back
Top Bottom