Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.6%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 162 59.1%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.5%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
DF have confirmed that VRR implementation on PS5 Pro is unchanged.

47min into the video.

I've been waiting for some confirmation either way, but I hoped that Sony would have used the Pro as the time to improve VRR. This is disappointing.

Metaphor: ReFantazio on PS5 frequently dips below 48FPS, therefore outside the PS5 VRR range. It must be so poorly coded tbh as visually, the game isn't anything to write home about. But it runs God awful, to be honest, and not even when in the built-up areas. It will run better on Series X and a VRR display.

This happens with so many cross-platform titles, it's literally insane why there aren't more people being more vocal on this subject. I guess it's down to the fact that most PS5 owners won't be hooking up to a VRR display and / or they simply don't care.

The PS5 Pro, will in theory help this issue with providing a boost for GPU bound titles, but Sony really need to match Series X and provide a minimum 40FPS of low frame rate compensation.

I keep coming to this thread thinking of the PRO and I do feel the tug of FOMO; my initial disdain was at the price and the value of return over the stock PS5. I can almost fight that off but then I'm reminded of the price parity with the US and my obstinance returns. Was there ever an explanation or rationalisation why the difference between US and UK or is it simply a "market value" argument. Considering when you add an average US state sales tax of ~5%; this still translates to around £565 UK conversion.

e: I get the UK has 20% VAT and we're being boned but even then is should translate to ~£650

Our price is £582.50 + £116.50 VAT = £699.00

USA Price is $699 (£537.00) + Sales Tax of 5-15% depending on what state.

GBP is relatively strong at the moment.

Every single game has to support ps5 pro going forward
I hope this is true, as I think it was for PS4/Pro. BUT, has Sony actually officially stated this anywhere? Something like all PS5 Pro versions have to run in a higher res or fidelity 60fps compared to the normal PS5 version?

rp2000

I hope this is true, as I think it was for PS4/Pro. BUT, has Sony actually officially stated this anywhere? Something like all PS5 Pro versions have to run in a higher res or fidelity 60fps compared to the normal PS5 version?

rp2000

I wondered this too, as in does it just mean there must be an option somewhere for 'PS5 Pro Mode' and if so does that come with mandated performance targets or is it just a tick box.

Last edited:

rp2000
They haven't stated that the games have to run at higher res/high fidelity, just that all games launched from the release of the PS5 Pro need to have a 'Pro enhanced' mode and it's up to the developer to support it.

Lies of P has just been 'Pro confirmed' today - and they've said that it's essentially PSSR upscaling added to the performance mode, no other change outside of that.

Can you swap disc drives between consoles?

I've pre-ordered the pro but also managed to get a 30th anniversary slim.

I'm in 2 minds about cancelling the pro pre-order so weighing up the pros and cons, but one thing that keeps niggling me is that I'm sure I read somewhere that once you pair the drive to a console that's it. I hope I'm mistaken. I still see the value using discs for console gaming so would like to be able to move the disc drive from one machine to another as and when needed. One will be upstairs, one will be downstairs.

They haven't stated that the games have to run at higher res/high fidelity, just that all games launched from the release of the PS5 Pro need to have a 'Pro enhanced' mode and it's up to the developer to support it.

Lies of P has just been 'Pro confirmed' today - and they've said that it's essentially PSSR upscaling added to the performance mode, no other change outside of that.

So a game could run/look terrible but if it has a box for a 'Pro a bit less terrible' that's fine?

So a game could run/look terrible but if it has a box for a 'Pro a bit less terrible' that's fine?
That happened with a few games on PS4 Pro, they just bumped the res from 720/900p on base PS4 to 1080p/1200p on PS4 Pro and you'd end up with a slightly worst experience in some cases.

Can you swap disc drives between consoles?

I've pre-ordered the pro but also managed to get a 30th anniversary slim.

I'm in 2 minds about cancelling the pro pre-order so weighing up the pros and cons, but one thing that keeps niggling me is that I'm sure I read somewhere that once you pair the drive to a console that's it. I hope I'm mistaken. I still see the value using discs for console gaming so would like to be able to move the disc drive from one machine to another as and when needed. One will be upstairs, one will be downstairs.
Yes you can, the drive will just need to be paired with the new console. See the video below.

Back
Top Bottom