Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.6%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 162 59.1%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.5%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
Wish I could flog mine although the Pro is replacing my PS5 in my small loft gaming room and I've promised my near 5 year old the PS5 she plays Astrobot on will go downstairs in the family room, unfortunately (and what I didn't appreciate at the time) 4 year olds remember stuff!

The memory on my girls is insane, never lie or make a promise you can't keep as you'll never hear the end of it literally years later...

I said I wasn't going to get a Pro due to the ridiculous price but now the fomo is hitting me... :o

I would need a disc drive though but I can see that it appears to be sold out almost everywhere, apart from eBay where they're going for stupid money. I'll probably end up regretting this.

I said I wasn't going to get a Pro due to the ridiculous price but now the fomo is hitting me... :o

I would need a disc drive though but I can see that it appears to be sold out almost everywhere, apart from eBay where they're going for stupid money. I'll probably end up regretting this.
Argos had stock yesterday and Currys earlier this week. I would keep checking, it keeps coming in and out of stock at various retailers.

Switched my pro pre order from PS Direct to John Lewis. The 2 year guarantee and hopefully better customer service sealed it. Plus 4 months 0% interest paypal credit made it a bit easier to swallow!
Cheers for that, I'll look into JL deals as the 2 year guarantee is worth a lot considering the price!

Noticed the Disc drive was in stock at my local Argos so caved into the FOMO and pre-ordered it along with a PS5 Pro :D

Keen to try out the new Diablo expansion so the fact that’s getting a pro enhanced version sold me on the idea.

Last edited:
Noticed the Disc drive was in stock at my local Argos so caved into the FOMO and pre-ordered it along with a PS5 Pro :D

Keen to try out the new Diablo expansion so the fact that’s getting a pro enhanced version sold me on the idea.
You held out far longer than most ! But, please, don't get the D4 expansion .... it's broken as hell.

Has anyone used a John Lewis &Partners Rewards card to preorder a PS5 Pro? Can get them via work with 6% off, checked terms can't see PlayStation excluded :D

You held out far longer than most ! But, please, don't get the D4 expansion .... it's broken as hell.
That’s disappointing as was looking forward to it. :(

Hopefully they can sort it out. Is not unusual for a Diablo game to release in a shoddy state unfortunately.

Still wasn’t totally sure about buying the console but I’ve spent so much time mulling over whether to order it that I’ve decided I’ll just buy it! If it’s garbage or not worth it I can always return or sell the system!

That’s my logic anyway!

Last edited:
That’s disappointing as was looking forward to it. :(

Hopefully they can sort it out. Is not unusual for a Diablo game to release in a shoddy state unfortunately.

Still wasn’t totally sure about buying the console but I’ve spent so much time mulling over whether to order it that I’ve decided I’ll just buy it! If it’s garbage or not worth it I can always return or sell the system!

That’s my logic anyway!
What I was trying to say is don't use the D4 expansion to showcase the extra features of the PS5 Pro - you'll be disappointed. But not because the console is bad - the game is broken. A lot of the graphical features aren't working properly this season ( my PC has a RTX 4090 ). Go with a Sony 1st party game instead eg. GT7, HZD, Demon Souls, TLOU part 1/2. Almost anything else !

Go with a Sony 1st party game instead eg. GT7, HZD, Demon Souls, TLOU part 1/2. Almost anything else !

Yeah, I have most of them on disc so will definitely try those games. Apparently God of war Ragnarok is also getting an update so that’s another title ,I’ve recently bought, to try out. Resident evil 4 is another game I want to play though.

Hopefully some of the PSVR2 stuff like resident evil, no man’s sky and gran Turismo will also eventually get VR pro updates.

I’ve plenty of titles to give it a test run and put the pro through its paces when it arrives!

Last edited:
I’ve just started RE4 but I’ll hold back on that one then. GT7 will most likely get installed first for me. Will look forward to going back to TLOU1+2 as well.

Last edited:

ALl the major retailers have had on/off stock over the past couple of weeks.
Good link to keep an eye: https://www.hotstock.io/uk/p/ps5-disc-drive

ALl the major retailers have had on/off stock over the past couple of weeks.
Good link to keep an eye: https://www.hotstock.io/uk/p/ps5-disc-drive

I stuck one on back order with ShopTo in the end as it was slightly cheaper.

ps5.png

And now we wait. :D

I keep coming to this thread thinking of the PRO and I do feel the tug of FOMO; my initial disdain was at the price and the value of return over the stock PS5. I can almost fight that off but then I'm reminded of the price parity with the US and my obstinance returns. Was there ever an explanation or rationalisation why the difference between US and UK or is it simply a "market value" argument. Considering when you add an average US state sales tax of ~5%; this still translates to around £565 UK conversion.

e: I get the UK has 20% VAT and we're being boned but even then is should translate to ~£650

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom